Whether you're looking to sell, or just want to give your home a spring refresh, these simple curb appeal ideas will go a long way.
1. First step: paint your front door.
Here's a great guide for how to choose which color, which is often the hardest part. A brightly colored door is a great way to draw attention to your house and make it feel modern and inviting.
2. There's even an app that lets you see what different door colors would look like!
It's called Front Door Paint, naturally. Get it here.
3. Here's the best way to paint a storm door:
4. If you don't want to paint, just give your door a good scrub.
5. Spray paint your existing door hardware.
6. Give your house numbers a font upgrade.
7. Frame your door.
Painting the trim and adding matching moulding can make any door frame look tons better. Get the directions at Me and Jilly.
8. Add a stylish door knocker.
9. Put in some new porch lights.
10. Or, just upgrade the ones you have.
11. Add tile to a plain concrete entryway.
12. Or, make faux tiles with concrete stain.
13. Adding layers of plants will give more dimension to your porch.
14. Add some hanging planters.
15. Make an inexpensive planter tall by glueing two pots together.
See how at Brady Bunch Remodel.
16. For a small porch, try a vertical planter.
17. Start a container garden with these DIY planters.
18. This chart will tell you how to mix and match colorful plants:
19. Wood stain your aluminum garage door for a more rustic feel.
20. Or class it up with DIY carriage house doors.
21. Take it up a notch and add a pergola with climbing vines.
22. Make a faux stair runner with paint.
23. Cover an exposed foundation with ready-made panels.
24. Camouflage your ugly electrical boxes.
Just paint them the same color as your house! See more here.
25. And hide your AC unit.
26. Give your mailbox a makeover.
27. Revamp your welcome mat.
28. Or, personalize a cheap natural mat.
29. Add faux shutters to your front windows.
30. While you're at it, repair any torn screens.
Learn how from Martha Stewart.