3. Put a treat on your actual grocery list.
You’re less likely to impulse buy seven bags of chips if you’ve already planned to treat yourself to something yummy.
4. Put fun (and funny) things on your to-do list.
It will make your impending tasks seem less tedious and also ensure that you make time in your busy schedule for a little fun. Plus, who doesn’t love crossing one more thing off their list when they are done?
9. Use a nonsense word for all your security questions.
No one can prove that your Mom’s maiden name, your first pet, and the street you grew up on weren’t all “Snaggle Bread.” It’s a lot easier to remember one random phrase than which street and which capitalization you used.
13. Before you get in a taxi, take a picture of the license plate.
That way if you leave something in it, you’ll have an easier time tracking it down.
15. Exercise right before a date or an important interview.
It gets your endorphins going and cuts down on nerves. Obviously you should leave enough time to shower in between.
18. Find something you like in every room.
When you go into a space, whether it’s somewhere you go every day or somewhere you’ve never been, find at least one thing that you like, something that is pretty or useful or funny.
25. Organize something.
A drawer, your medicine cabinet, your purse. If you get in the habit of cleaning out one small thing a day, your whole life will be organized before you know it.
33. Ask someone you respect out for coffee.
It doesn’t need to be someone you have a formal mentor relationship with, just anyone whose life or career or energy you admire. Don’t ask them for a job, just talk. Ask them about themselves. You’ll be surprised how much you can learn from a casual conversation.
34. Get eight hours of sleep (or more!)
Staying up late has its benefits, but getting eight or more hours of sleep can be worth whatever crappy late-night TV you’ll be missing.
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- Geologists say they've discovered an eighth continent beneath New Zealand. "Zealandia" is 94% submerged underwater 🔎🌍
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat and the exchange was ~confusing~.