1. Know Your Curl Type
2. Try Co-Washing
Also know as "no-poo" or the Curly Girl Method, this just means that you don't use shampoo at all, only conditioner. Many curly girls swear by it. Read more about it here.
3. Trade your Towel for a T-Shirt
4. Less is More
5. Start from the Bottom
6. Banish the Brushes
Brushing can damage fragile curls. Opt for finger-combing or a wide-toothed comb instead.
7. When All Else Fails, Try This Detangling Genie
8. Use This Tip for Easy Cleanup While Detangling
9. Try Showering with a Hairnet
10. Use a Diffuser
12. Know Your Ingredients
13. Refresh Your Curls Between Washes
14. Keep Your Tool Arsenal Stocked
15. Condition while you Exercise
Before you go to the gym, apply a styling cream to your hair and then put it up into a bun. The time and the heat from your body will allow the moisture to set in.
16. Be Brand Loyal
Products in the same brand are designed to work best together. Since curly hair usually requires more products than other hair types, it's beneficial to buy all products that are from the same brand once you find one that works for you. And it's not just about getting you to spend more money—the same rule applies to products in all price ranges.