Have you spent every Thursday without your Gladiators drinking wine and eating popcorn on a boring empty couch? Do you wish you could just live in Shonda-Rhimes-land every night? Olivia Pope can fix all your problems. Celebrate the return of Scandal by making your own Olivia-inspired space with these buys and DIYs.
1. Cozy up the couch.
The designers for the show said the overall feel for Olivia’s apartment was “smooth and feminine” with “very simple colors” that give that “ethereal effect.” But the most important thing was making the space comfortable. Her couch, a custom tight-backed model from Cisco, is always stacked with cozy throws and patterned pillows.
You’re gunna want to cuddle on it for more than just One Minute.
2. Tuft your headboard.
From the original concept board tweeted by Scandal Set Decorator @smariebailey to the final result, the vibe for Liv’s boudoir has always been a blend of cozy and elegant. Tufted headboards like this are a great way to add texture and glamor to your room. Check out some great DIY tutorials here and here.
8. Another tip from Scandal’s set designer: paint the walls Nantucket Gray.
For all the dirty details on the rest of the Scandal sets, check out the blog here.
- Criticized previously for not forcefully speaking out, Donald Trump condemned anti-Semitism after bomb threats were reported at 11 Jewish centers.
- Milo Yiannopoulos has resigned from Breitbart News after he was accused of defending pedophilia in an old video.
- President Trump has named H.R. McMaster as his new national security adviser, replacing Michael Flynn who resigned last week.
- West Elm pulled the Peggy Couch from its site after years of scathing customer reviews and complaints of buttons popping off 🙈