Have you spent every Thursday without your Gladiators drinking wine and eating popcorn on a boring empty couch? Do you wish you could just live in Shonda-Rhimes-land every night? Olivia Pope can fix all your problems. Celebrate the return of Scandal by making your own Olivia-inspired space with these buys and DIYs.
1. Cozy up the couch.
The designers for the show said the overall feel for Olivia’s apartment was “smooth and feminine” with “very simple colors” that give that “ethereal effect.” But the most important thing was making the space comfortable. Her couch, a custom tight-backed model from Cisco, is always stacked with cozy throws and patterned pillows.
You’re gunna want to cuddle on it for more than just One Minute.
2. Tuft your headboard.
From the original concept board tweeted by Scandal Set Decorator @smariebailey to the final result, the vibe for Liv’s boudoir has always been a blend of cozy and elegant. Tufted headboards like this are a great way to add texture and glamor to your room. Check out some great DIY tutorials here and here.
8. Another tip from Scandal’s set designer: paint the walls Nantucket Gray.
For all the dirty details on the rest of the Scandal sets, check out the blog here.
- More than 90 people have died in Indonesia's earthquake, officials say. Thousands of rescuers are being deployed to the hit area.
- Fake news fools most Americans who read it — and Facebook is a major source, a BuzzFeed News survey has found 📰❌
- A refrigerator is being eyed as the possible origin of the fire at an Oakland warehouse party that killed 36 people, a law enforcement official said.
- An adorable 3-year-old boy proudly covered his kitchen with carrots in the greatest carrot heist of all time 😂👏