9. Facebook tried to acquire Snapchat for $1 billion in October 2013.
Co-founders Evan Spiegel and Bobby Murphy rejected that offer. A few weeks later, Mark Zuckerberg returned with a $3 billion offer, which Snapchat again rejected.
11. A venture capital firm provided $485,000 of seed funding to Snapchat in 2012 after one of the partners found that the three most popular apps in his daughter’s high school class were Angry Birds, Instagram, and Snapchat.
Since then, Snapchat has raised $143 million in funding.
- "It was a wick": Artists, friends, and survivors describe what it was like inside the Oakland warehouse party fire that left at least 9 dead.
- After deciding to end her request for a statewide recount in Pennsylvania, Jill Stein announced she plans to take the issue to federal court Monday.
- Thousands holding flags gathered in Cuba Saturday night to remember the life of Fidel Castro. His burial is set to take place on Sunday.
- "Saturday Night Live" spoofed Donald Trump retweeting weird people, just like the real president-elect 📱😂