9. Facebook tried to acquire Snapchat for $1 billion in October 2013.
Co-founders Evan Spiegel and Bobby Murphy rejected that offer. A few weeks later, Mark Zuckerberg returned with a $3 billion offer, which Snapchat again rejected.
11. A venture capital firm provided $485,000 of seed funding to Snapchat in 2012 after one of the partners found that the three most popular apps in his daughter’s high school class were Angry Birds, Instagram, and Snapchat.
Since then, Snapchat has raised $143 million in funding.
- Donald Trump on Sunday said that his comments about a problem in Sweden were not about an event, but about a Fox News report 🇸🇪🙃
- Exactly 75 years ago today, President Franklin D. Roosevelt signed the executive order authorizing the internment of Japanese-Americans.
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat in the color of Somalia's flag 🇸🇴
- One man scammed his way through New York Fashion week by dressing up as Sisqó — and people really believed him 😩