1. Apple iPad's retina display is actually manufactured by Samsung.
2. Some fake Apple stores in China are so realistic, even employees are convinced.
3. Smoking near Apple computers voids the warranty.
4. Apple sold 411,000 iPhones per day in 2013.
5. Apple owns the patent for the "slide to unlock" feature.
6. The iPod's code name was Dulcimer. The iPhone's was "M68."
7. Apple once had more operating cash in the bank than the U.S. Treasury.
8. Jonathan Ive has worn the same T-shirt in every Apple product intro video since 2000.
9. The original Apple 1 computer sold for $666.66.
10. Employees at Apple headquarters in Cupertino earn an average of US $125,000 a year.
11. The very first image shown on the Macintosh was of Disney character Scrooge McDuck.
12. Steve Jobs eliminated all corporate charity programs in 1997.
13. Everything you say to Siri is sent to Apple, analyzed, and stored for up to two years.
14. Apple's iPhone has higher sales than everything Microsoft has to offer.
15. Carl Sagan sued Apple for defamation, but lost.
16. Apple's original logo featured Isaac Newton:
17. Steve Wozniak sold 80,000 of his own Apple shares for cheap prices to employees who otherwise wouldn't have gotten any after the IPO.
Deputy Editorial Director, BuzzFeed San Francisco
Contact Jessica Misener at email@example.com.
Got a confidential tip? Submit it here.