3. The White House brews its own beer.
Drinking beer is patriotic. Every time you finish a pint, you’re basically Lee Greenwood.
4. And POTUS himself has been known to enjoy a pint.
5. Beer can boost your levels of B vitamins.
A Dutch study found that beer-drinking participants had 30% higher levels of vitamin B6 levels in their blood than their non-drinking counterparts, and twice as much as wine drinkers.
Another bonus: Beer also contains vitamin B12 and folic acid.
7. Beer has a rich history: It’s one of the oldest beverages that humans have produced.
The Ebla tablets, which date back to c. 2500 BCE in Mesopotamia, reveal that brewing beer was a popular occupation for women. Beer made from baked barley bread was part of the daily diet of Egyptian pharaohs.
11. Beer floats are DELICIOUS.
Yes, that’s beer and ice cream, and despite what you might think, it can be really, really delicious. Try a cherry lambic with vanilla ice cream, a pint of Guinness with vanilla bean ice cream, or a raspberry wheat ale with chocolate ice cream.
12. A chemical compound in hops contains antiviral properties.
Researchers in Sapporo, Japan, found that the compound humulone provides an effective guard against a virus that can cause severe forms of pneumonia and bronchitis in children.
Someone would have to drink around 30, 12-ounce cans for humulone to have any virus-fighting effect, however. But it’s the thought that counts. Bottoms up!
16. It could be good for your future political career.
The former prime minister of Australia once set a beer-chugging record. As a student at Oxford, Bob Hawke downed a yard of ale in 11 seconds; he claims the feat endeared him to the beer-drinking community and earned him new constituents.
- Donald Trump says he has picked retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson to be his secretary of housing and urban development.
- The far-right candidate in Austria's presidential election has conceded defeat, obstructing the advance of the global populist movement in Europe.
- An armed man was arrested Sunday near a pizza spot named in a Hillary Clinton conspiracy rumor. Here's how "Pizzagate" was spread.
- A woman clapped back at her anti-gay neighbor using festive rainbow Christmas lights 🎄👏