2. He says things like this:
10. He hangs out with cool people, like Joss Whedon.
12. And Tom Hanks.
15. He majored in semiotics (at Brown), which is a field full of pure badasses.
19. He hates public radio pledge drives just as much as you do.
“The pledge drive has everything going against it as broadcasting. It’s repetitive. It’s ad-libbed by people who can’t ad-lib. It’s about asking for money, which is something nobody wants to hear, even from their own relatives. From the moment you open your mouth, people know where you’re going with it. As broadcasting, it’s the biggest challenge, and it’s the hardest thing to make interesting, because it can’t be made interesting.”
20. He makes animal balloons but he’s not a creepy clown. No, he’s not.
- Golf legend Arnold Palmer has died at 87. Known as "The King," his unusual style and charisma changed the game.
- Monday night's presidential debate may be the last hope for environmental activists who want climate in the national conversation.
- US officials have determined al-Qaeda likely influenced suspected New York City bomber Ahmad Khan Rahami.