Here are some mind-blowing facts that sound bogus but are totally legit, first compiled in these answers on Quora:
1. You get a tattoo after getting struck by lightning.
The electrical discharge of a lightning strike can leave a temporary tattoo-like marking or scar known as a Lichtenberg figure. The patterns created are known to be examples of fractals.
2. Lobsters don't die or age.
3. Neil Armstrong went through U.S. customs in Honolulu, Hawaii, on the way back from the moon.
4. Oral sex led to pregnancy in at least two bizarre incidents.
5. The rings of Saturn are only 30 feet thick.
6. Figs have dead wasps inside them.
7. At launch, the iPhone had the same computing power as NASA in 1969 when it launched the historical manned mission to the moon.
8. Elvis was a natural blond.
9. The song "Happy Birthday to You" is copyrighted.
10. There are more confirmed deaths from drowning in molasses than from coyote attacks.
Twenty-one people died in the 1919 Boston Molasses Disaster. Only two fatal coyote-on-human attacks have been confirmed.