3. Their first World Cup appearance was in 1990:
They did so well that they made it to the Knockout rounds.
5. Sadly, they have never hosted a World Cup. But if they did, tourists would have an awesome time.
6. This will be their fourth time attending the World Cup.
7. Although they have never won a World Cup competition, they have a really solid team competing this year.
8. Bryan Ruiz, the star of the team, is an amazing midfielder.
He is also the team’s captain.
9. Just look at him score this goal!
11. Their current coach, Jorge Luis Pinto, is confident that Costa Rica will surprise many at the World Cup.
And we wish them the best of luck!
- So about that wall: Mexican President Enrique Peña Nieto says he told Donald Trump his country's not paying for it.
- Brazil's senate has voted to remove Dilma Rousseff as president over a months-long corruption scandal.
- Here's how bankers are using a powerful, little-known justice system to turn a huge profit: part three of a BuzzFeed News investigation.
- Researchers have found the first identical twin puppies ever in the dog species 🐶 🐶