3. Their first World Cup appearance was in 1990:
They did so well that they made it to the Knockout rounds.
5. Sadly, they have never hosted a World Cup. But if they did, tourists would have an awesome time.
6. This will be their fourth time attending the World Cup.
7. Although they have never won a World Cup competition, they have a really solid team competing this year.
8. Bryan Ruiz, the star of the team, is an amazing midfielder.
He is also the team’s captain.
9. Just look at him score this goal!
11. Their current coach, Jorge Luis Pinto, is confident that Costa Rica will surprise many at the World Cup.
And we wish them the best of luck!
- The Trump administration is reportedly considering a set of policies to prosecute parents who illegally enter the US with their children.
- Norma McCorvey, the woman behind the landmark 1973 Supreme Court case, Roe v. Wade, has died in Texas at 69.
- Mark Sanford held a town hall on Saturday that he organized with Indivisible, a group dedicated to holding members of Congress' feet to the fire.
- Donald Glover has been cast as Simba in Disney's remake of "The Lion King."