We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A set of pimple patches that are not only effective but also satisfying. Just place one of these on your pimple, go to bed, and wake up to a drastically smaller pimple — and a satisfying patch full of all the gunk it pulled out.
Mighty Patch was created in 2017 by Hero Cosmetics which is a woman-owned and Asian-owned company, founded by current CEO Ju Rhyu. Hero Cosmetics now creates cleansers, toners, pimple patches, and more.
Promising reviews: "I love these patches so much. I’m about to buy my third box of these. I have acne prone skin and these actually help decrease the inflammation and size of the pimple overnight. Not completely of course but it does help a good amount." —Emily
"I love this product! I am an adult with acne. When new ones pop up, put one of these patches on at night and by the morning the pimple is gone. Poof! It even works to pull out cysts — but you need multiple days for those. I also have really sensitive skin and these don’t bother it one bit. I love these!!" —Rebekah W.
Get a 36-count from Amazon for $12.99.
2. A bottle of Bread hair oil to give your hair the moisture it's been craving, without weighing it down. Now when you say you are going to the store for essentials, like bread, you'll be picking up what's really important — this silicone-free oil — and you won't even be lying about buying bread.
Bread hair oil is designed for curl types 3a-4c but can be used on any hair type that is in need of extra moisture. The oil can be used everyday as a styling oil or as a pre-wash hair treatment for damaged hair.
Bread Beauty Supply is a Black- and woman-owned small business based in Australia creating essential haircare products.
Promising review: "I will probably never stop using this oil. I love it that much. Seriously though, I have very, very, thick hair that gets frizzy like a lion's mane. I use this oil after I've heat styled my hair to tame the frizz, and I use it on second/third day hair. It's truly a magical hair oil! When applied after styling, I use a few drops drops (on thick, mid-back length hair) and the oil leaves my hair looking soft, shiny and sleek. For days in between washing, my frizz loves to pop back up, but with a few drops of the Bread Oil my hair looks fresh and so much more manageable. And it smells like gummy bears! The fragrance is fairly strong right after it comes out of the bottle, but once it's on your hair, it dissipates to a very faint, but still sweet, smell. I think the fragrance is the perfect amount, but be wary if you're someone who is sensitive to fragrance." —duckyy
Get it from Sephora for $14+ (available in three sizes).
3. A Kiss Instawave automatic curling iron for those of us who struggle with the skills to manage manually curling our hair. Maybe it's just me, but I somehow get all tangled up in my own arms trying to figure out which way to wrap my hair and how long to hold it there. Now all you have to do is push a button and the work is done for you — I think even I can manage that.
The curling iron has prongs along the sides that act as a comb to smooth and detangle the hair as it gets wrapped around and curled. The ceramic ionic barrel ensures you create smooth, voluminous curls that are frizz-free. There are two heat settings and it reaches up to 420º, and with an automatic shut-off after 90 minutes, you don't have to panic every time you leave the house trying to remember if you turned it off or not.
Promising review: "Here's the deal, I'm pretty much a tomboy, I don't know how to do my makeup, I have thick hair, but never knew how to do anything but straighten it, until a friend made me try her Kiss automatic curling iron. It legitimately works and it's the easiest thing to use! I've (briefly) tried other wands and burned myself over and over. I've never burned myself with this tool and I love that it makes it easy to curl away from your face on either side, with just a push of a button. I also like that it dings when it's done, so it takes some guess work out. If you want curls, but are intimidated by all the tools out there, you won't be disappointed with this styler." —Uskadelig
Get it from Amazon for $49.96.
4. Or a 42-pack of curling rods you can use on any length or texture hair, and you don't have to worry about getting all caught up in Velcro like with other curlers. With no heat, you won't cause any damage to your hair, and you can safely wear these while you sleep or while you are getting ready for the day. Just wrap your hair around the rods, fold them, and when you take them out you'll be in awe of how good your hair looks.
Promising review: "I LOOOOVE these curlers! My hair is super long and it never does anything but awkwardly bend because it’s super poker straight! I have to have curlers in overnight to get any curl to stick and these are super comfortable to sleep in! My curls were amazing!! Finally an adorable spiral curl! What’s even better is the second day they STILL looked beautiful! I cannot rant and rave enough about how Awesome these are!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $14.99.
5. A bottle of Garnier Fructis leave-in conditioner that nourishes your hair and keeps it frizz-free even in 👏🏼 97 👏🏼 percent 👏🏼 humidity.
According to reviewers, this product works for straight, fine hair all the way to 4c curls.
Promising reviews: "Works great and I have thin, straight, and fine hair. This smooths it and doesn't make it sticky at all. Helps to give your hair that lil pep it needs. Smells great, but not a heavy smell." —Rachel F.
"I have long, naturally curly hair. The sort many people would 'kill' for, but only because they have no idea how much effort it takes to make it NOT look a hot mess. I've used this stuff for ages as an oil carrier (avocado, olive, grapeseed, coconut...) to comb through and it's done me well." —MjG
Get it from Amazon for $3.97+ (available in three quantities).
6. A set of water-absorbent wristbands so you can stop dealing with soaking wet sleeves and puddles of water on your counter while you wash your face. These wristbands will stop the water in its tracks before it can make its way to your elbow and all over your bathroom.
Promising review: "I got so frustrated when I went to wash off my makeup at night and water rolled down to my elbow and got the sink/floor wet. I saw somebody with something similar and knew I needed these. I love them." —Anissa
"Love these! Never been happier to wash my face in my life. I absolutely hate water running down my arms and these are perfect for this issue and have been! I’m also plus size and have had no issue putting these on. Love the colors too!" —Vivian
Get a four-pair set from Amazon for $10.99+ (available in nine colors).
7. A tube of Essence's Lash Princess mascara because idk about you, but the thought of putting on fake lashes everyday sounds like ~a lot~ of work, especially when products like this exist and can give you the same look with soo much less effort.
Promising review: "I have used every mascara on the planet (not literally but I have tried dozens) from the most expensive to the least. This little jewel is the best kept mascara secret ever! Lifts and separates lashes with no clumping, and did you see this price?? Trust me, this is a must have for any make-up collection. You absolutely can't go wrong with this!" —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $4.99.
8. A 4-in-1 touch up pen that will allow you to fix your eyeliner, lip liner, brows, and highlighter wherever you are. Remember those fun pens you had growing up with four colors in one? Yeah, this is that, but with makeup 🤯
Alleyoop is a woman-owned small business that creates compact beauty products that typically have multiple functions.
Promising reviews: "I love this pen. The colors are not too dry or too soft, it glides on perfect for each one! I won't use anything but this from now on, honestly! I hope the company stays around for a long, long time." —Karen S.
"There are times when I have to head out urgently with no time to get ready but wanting to look presentable. This is my new handy gadget to get ready while in the car." —Isha G.
Get it from Alleyoop for $25.
9. A teeth whitening pen to help you achieve those pearly whites you've always wanted. Simply spend 30 seconds a day brushing these on your teeth and then go about the rest of your life instead of worrying about having those sticky strips sitting on your teeth or the bulky light in your mouth.
Promising reviews: "I love this teeth whitening pen!!! It is sooooooo much easier to use than the whitening trays I’ve used in the past. It also does the job in a matter of a couple minutes as opposed to the 15–30 minutes it takes with the trays. It really is the best option I’ve found, and I’m recommending it to all my friends." —Sharon C.
"I was skeptical because I’ve tried lots of other whitening products that did not work. But I was amazed that this one actually works! In just a few days I’m already seeing results! Just make sure to follow the instructions - brush and floss beforehand, use a tissue to dry your teeth off, keep smiling for 30 seconds after applied to all teeth and voila! :)" —Samantha T.
Get a two-pack from Amazon for $19.98.
10. A blackhead scrubbing octopus that can fit into all the weird crevices on your face to help exfoliate away anything that you can't reach with any of your other tools (or tbh fingernails). Plus, looking how stinking cute this is, why wouldn't you want to have this little guy be part of your beauty routine??
Promising review: "I've been using one of those little metal blackhead removers but I really hate using them because I feel like they break the capillaries causing more issues than just blackheads. Without reading the instructions, I used it last night, just rubbed a little bit on my nose, woke up and was completely impressed. Today I read the instructions, I washed my face, kept it wet, used warm water, and I use this product and I cannot find a single blackhead or clogged pore using my magnifying 50 times near which usually horrifies me by my face. I am super happy with this product, I didn't really think it was working as I was using it because I didn't feel any exfoliation, but after about two minutes, I started feeling that slight grainy feel and I continued rubbing it on my face for another minute, rinsed my face, and I am super impressed." —Jenna
Get it from Amazon for $12.50.
11. An E.l.f putty primer so you can feel confident that the makeup you just spent a lot of time on will actually stay in place all day. Plus this primer is designed to help reduce the appearance of your pores, so you skin will look extra ~smooth~ and hydrated.
Promising reviews: "I read reviews about this primer and at the price, I was a little skeptical. I threw my more expensive primer away as soon as I got this! Very nice coverage, just remember a little bit goes a long way!" —Byron
"I was skeptical but after trying this poreless putty my mind is forever changed! It shrunk my pores and made them seem like they were gone forever! Apply it and then apply foundation. It makes my skin feel great! No bad odor and doesn't make my skin oily! I will keep using this product!" —christy
Get it from Amazon for $9.99.
12. A cuticle oil made with Jojoba oil to deeply penetrate your dry cuticles and promote hydration and stronger nails. Gone are the days of worrying your nail will crack every time you hit it into something.
Promising review: "I was honestly expecting to dislike this as much as I dislike all other cuticle oils I’ve tried…I don’t like greasy fingers that gunk up my phone and clothes. Well, I love this product. It’s super light, smells a bit sweet and a bit like almonds, dries super fast and isn’t goopy or greasy at all. Very easy to use. I’m trying to heal my nails after removing gel nails and after two weeks, they are definitely smoother and less dry/cracked." —KG
Get it from Amazon for $8.50+ (available in three quantities).
13. A 10-in-1 leave in spray that will help solve pretty much all your daily hair struggles — it controls frizz, detangles, smooths, protects against heat, boosts shine, prevents breakage, hydrates, softens, strengthens, conditions — you may as well stock up now, once you use it you're not going to want to go another day without it.
Mane Club is a small business based in NYC focused on creating vegan and cruelty-free haircare products.
**Reviewers with thin, straight say this product works for them as well as reviewers with dry, curly hair.
Promising review: "I'm on my third bottle of the One Hit Wonder Spay from Mane Club. This is by far the best leave in conditioner I have ever used. It works so well for my very curly, very thick and very damaged hair. It adds so much moisture to my hair and really keeps it hydrated. It prevents my hair from getting frizzy and helps keep my curls defined. My hair is so soft and shiny after using this. It's also so much easier to brush through my hair because I have no tangles when I use this. It smells divine and makes my hair smell divine. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone looking for an effective multi-benefit leave in conditioner spray." —Dylan & Tiffany B.
Get it from Amazon for $9.95+ (available in two quantities).
14. A pack of 24-karat gold under-eye patches to provide smoothing and hydration to help hide the fact that you didn't sleep because you were up all night binge-watching Netflix. Not only are you going to feel refreshed, but you'll also feel ~rich and bougie~ because you have literal GOLD on your face.
This comes with 20 pairs of eye patches.
Promising review: "I’m a tired mom of two very active little ones — one that is having tummy troubles and doesn’t sleep. So, neither do I. Needless to say, I’ll take whatever help I can get. I slap these bad boys on when I attempt to have coffee in the morning. They are a little slippery but after a couple minutes stay just fine. I’ve tried several “good” brands but return to these. They are excellent at this price. They are no miracle worker, but feels like I am treating myself a little bit. They definitely help with fine lines and puffiness over time. They feel instantly relaxing. I am 41 so have some smile lines that they seem to soften. Overall, I say definitely get them. Enjoy a little pampering that we all could use." —tj
Get it on Amazon for $13.47.
15. Or, if those still won't be enough to prevent you from hearing 'oh you look tired today,' a Maybelline multi-use concealer that can not only conceal, but contour and correct as well. This concealer provides you with 12 hours of moisture and medium coverage.
Promising review: "As its name implies, this product erases discolorations of the skin or dark circles under the eyes. I use this product every day to give my skin a more even tone and to get rid of those dark spots and circles on my face that come with age. An added perk is that the product also moisturizes so it's a two-in-one tool. It is lightweight and yet provides total coverage of skin imperfections. Love this product!!" —David
Get it from Amazon for $8.80 (available in 18 shades).
16. An oil removing face roller because let's be honest, you've been out and about before, seen your face in a mirror or reflection and genuinely asked yourself how your face looks so ✨shiny.✨ Well, now when that happens you can just whip this bad boy out of your purse and put an end to the shine immediately. Plus, it's better than blotting sheets because it is reusable and you won't find a stash of used papers in the bottom of your purse after a weekend full of events.
This roller is made with volcanic stone which absorbs the extra oil on your skin. Simply roll it across your face and watch it instantly ~mattify~ without messing up your makeup!
Promising review: "I’m not sure how or why this works, but it actually does make the shine disappear. Must have if you tend to get oily during the day! It will not mess up your makeup." —JJones
Get it from Amazon for $14.33.
17. A winged eyeliner stamp that will literally put an end to the constant struggle of trying to get your eyeliner perfectly even. Picture this: after three attempts you finally get your left eye to be beautifully lined, only to then spend the next 20+ minutes trying to get the right eye to match only to eventually give up and go out with wonky eyeliner or just taking it off all together. Once you get this eyeliner, you will n e v e r have to deal with that again!
Promising review: "This eyeliner lasts foreverrrrr. And the stamp makes a wing fool proof, even for me, who is clumsy awkward and generally lazy with makeup. I'm just now ordering my second set, my first lasted me a year and is still working, but I wanted a bit longer wing this time." —A. Harter
Get it from Amazon for $14.98+ (available in four variations).
18. First Aid Beauty's KP Bump Eraser Body Scrub Exfoliant because even though I promise no one other than you actually notices those little bumps on your arms, you want them gone and all power to ya!! Reviewers with all kinds of skin conditions — eczema, keratosis pilaris, plain old sensitive skin — swear by this product!
Promising review: "I've had KP forever and I get flare-ups from heat, friction, and sweat on my legs really bad in summer. I use this exfoliator after I shave my legs and it does wonders on the skin. Not only does it calm the angry bumps when I have a flare-up, but it also helps to soothe the skin and prevent future bumps. I don't know how I was surviving without this product for so long." —Lindsay
Get it on Amazon for $12+ (available in four quantities).
19. A dandruff shampoo designed to actually get to the root (see what I did there…like hair roots…) of the problem. This shampoo stops what is causing the dandruff, instead of just trying to treat the symptoms of flaking hair and itchiness.
*Note: this product is only intended to be used twice a week to help control and prevent dandruff.
BONUS! Reviewers mention that this actually helps treat fungal acne on your face too… talk about bang for your buck — clear up acne & dandruff all from one product? Yes please!
Promising reviews: "I’ve had an average amount of dandruff that I treated with other products. While it stopped the itching, it never solved my problem with flakes. My dermatologist suggested Nizoral and after two weeks (twice a week use) the flakes are GONE! My dermatologist said that other products treat the symptoms (itchiness and some flakes) and Nizoral treats the problem (malassezia fungus)." —consumer report
"I bought this shampoo about three weeks ago. I've always had dandruff in my beard, but it was getting to a point where I would itch my beard and it would be disgustingly flakey. It got so bad that I was doing a presentation for work with a suit on and someone thought I had crumbs all over my suit and started dusting me off. Yikes. Enter this stuff and I've used it about four or five times over the course of the last three weeks. Let's say it isn't snowing anymore! I actually don't really like the smell, but the effectivity is amazing! So, from someone who has beard dandruff, this stuff actually works." —Daniel J. U.
Get it from Amazon for $7.