We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A set of waterproof, heat protectant booties that are not only practical since asphalt is typically 40–60 degrees hotter than the air, but also who doesn't think a pup in booties is adorable?
An added benefit of these booties a lot of reviewers are mentioning is that they are waterproof and prevent your pup from tracking wet and muddy paws in your house after playing in the rain.
Promising review: "I live in the desert, aka where you can fry an egg on the sidewalk. I purchased these because I adopted a puppy in the middle of the summer and wanted to keep her feet from being burned. They are very hard to pull off, but they are gentle enough with a simple velcro close. I got the cute little pink ones. Dogs are always a bit odd with how they tippy tap walk when first wearing them, but they get excited when they realize the ground isn't hot. 10/10 effective and cute. I'm just happy my dogs feet are okay." —Rachael A.
2. A dog-friendly sunscreen designed specifically to keep your dog from getting burnt. It dries non-oily and is safe to ingest, so just spray it on their coat and don't worry about fighting to stop your dog from one of their favorite activities — licking themselves.
Warren London is a small business making dog grooming products that help with all kinds of skin problems.
Promising review: "My Shar Pei loves to lay out on our brick patio and bake – but his not-so-little belly was getting sunburned. This sunscreen is the perfect solution. It’s easy to spray on him and seems to protect that belly all day. Highly recommend." —Linda W.
Get it from Amazon for $13.99.
3. A cooling blanket with special technology to keep your pup (or even you) cool without needing to be wet or chilled. By absorbing body heat and drawing moisture away, this blanket is perfect to use after a long walk through the city or a big day at the dog park.
This double-sided blanket has two uses — one side made of Arc-Chill cooling material for summer use and the other made of 100% cotton for spring and fall use. The cooling technology uses Japanese Arc-Chill cooling fibers and jade particles to create the cool-to-touch sensation.
Promising review: "I bought one of these for myself first. My little dog loved it so much we had to fight over it for naps or bedtime! I bought this one for him. I fold it the long way, and he faithfully sleeps on it. Now we are both cool and happy!" —Grandma Burch
4. A cooling pad that is small enough to take with you or put in your pup's kennel. Help your furry friend cool off either at home, in the car, or wherever else you may be.
Promising review: "I literally just got this product yesterday. First night putting it on the bed for my dog I did not think she would lay on it since it is different material then she is used to…(picky bulldogs)...but I woke in the middle of the night to her sleeping on it. It was great to not hear her panting hot in the middle of the night since she always has to be touching me in some form. Not sure how this works, but it is so cool to the touch. Love it and will recommend it." —Toni L.
5. A dog ice cream mix so simple, you just add water and freeze to create a delicious treat for your pup. Since most humans know ice cream is one of the best desserts, we finally can share that joy with our fur babies.
Just like you, your pup doesn't want the same flavor every night. Try out all their flavors: birthday cake, carob, Christmas cookie, maple bacon, peanut butter, and vanilla.
Added bonus, reviewers suggest using this as a way to get your stubborn dog to actually take their pills.
Promising review: "Bought 'birthday cake' doggy ice cream. Ingredients are people-friendly. Difference: lactose-free. Cara just loved it! It’s her after-dinner treat, and judging from the banging bowl as she makes sure not to miss any — it’s 'good to the last drop.' I must say I tried it and it’s not bad! Highly recommend." —Marrianne B.
Get it from Amazon for $8.99 (available in six flavors).
6. A portable water dispenser that allows you to easily carry water and give it to your furry friend without making a huge mess (or trying to use your hand as a makeshift bowl — yeah, we've all been there).
Promising review: "I love long walks with my dogs. Every dog I've ever had could withstand long walks (up to 5 miles) in almost all weather conditions. Alas, my most recent adoptee, a 2-year-old German Shepherd, doesn't like the heat. On our first really warm day, she plopped down in the shade of a neighbor's yard and wouldn't budge. She was obviously hot and thirsty. So I bought this product. It works perfectly. It holds just enough water to keep her happy, the bowl part is big enough for her to access the water, and, the best part, any water she doesn't finish can be flushed back into the bottle so none is wasted." —JS
Get it from Amazon for $15.29+ (available in two sizes and two colors).
7. An elevated dog bed with breathable fabric to keep your pup off the hot ground. Plus, all you have to do to keep it clean is to hose it down.
Heads up, some reviews mention difficulty when assembling, so be sure to be patient with it, because the end result is definitely worth any struggle.
Promising review: "We live in Las Vegas, where the temperature is 100+ for days on end. When we put the bed together and took it out to our patio, our dogs immediately jumped up on it. It took them about 60 seconds to fall asleep, and they slept for at least an hour! This is the perfect dog bed. You won't be disappointed." —Kathie
8. Or an elevated dog bed with canopy that is extra ~cool~ and will not only protect your furry friend from the hot ground below, but from the sun above.
When it is super sunny out, this bed will provide the shade your pup needs. If the direct sun is no longer an issue, simply take the removable canopy off the top and your dog will have a perfect, breathable bed.
Promising review: "Excellent solution for heat-sensitive pets wanting to join family outdoors. Simple, quick assembly. It's new so can't speak to durability, but material quality and double reinforced stitching would lead me to guess it will hold up as well as any outdoor furniture can. Design provides shade from overhead while allowing airflow from four sides and through underside mesh to keep pets cool. Canopy can be removed for use as cot only." —CA Girl
9. A frozen treat mold to cool your dog down from the inside out. And, since they are dishwasher safe, there's no reason not to experiment with all kinds of recipes — trust us, your pup will like these better than the store-bought treats.
With four molds included in this set, you can use them to make your pup treats and save one set to make yourself a matching frozen snack (likely with different ingredients, although we won't judge!). Plus, when the temperatures drop, these molds are also microwave- and oven-safe, so you can bake up something delicious as well.
Note: Some reviewers mention the molds being flimsy, so if you are planning on making a treat with a lot of liquid, put the mold on top of a cookie sheet to stabilize them and prevent a lot of cleanup later.
Promising review: "After a few months of buying treats, I found myself not wanting to pay the price for things my dog was hit/miss on actually wanting during training, playtime, etc. These molds are great for frozen or baked goods, the finished treats pop out super easily, the molding trays don’t melt at all in the oven, and the cleanup is very simple. A great investment if you want to make pet treats or bone- and paw-shaped goodies." —Aria
Get it from Amazon for $10.99 (set of four)
10. A raved about self-cleaning brush that will remove extra fur from your pup with gentle, round bristles to protect their sensitive skin, while still reaching different levels of their fur to get rid of all the excess and help keep them cool.
Promising review: "This thing gets the hair out all the way down without one peep out of my German Shepherds. I have a long hair and a shorter hair, and it works great on both dogs. I did not know there was so much dead hair under there! Push a button, and the gathered hair falls right off. Maybe a little brush away, but most of the time, bye-bye! Buy it — you will like it!" —SJT
Get it from Amazon for $15.40 (available in three styles, including a sensitive skin version).
11. A doggy life jacket anyone with a ~water obsessed~ doggo should have with them at all times so they can jump in the refreshing water to cool off whenever they please. The life jacket comes equipped with a safety handle in case their doggie paddle is a little rusty.
Paws Aboard is a small business committed to creating products where safety, fun, and functionality come together.
Promising review: "Perfect for our kayaking adventures. Our pup gets very anxious when we are in the water and likes to jump in to 'save us,' so this life jacket is perfect." —Raeanne
12. A paw-activated water fountain that has fresh water on demand — bonus, thumbs are not required to activate it, so your pup can finally show you just how independent they are.
Reviewers do mention that the water can get hot in the hose when sitting in the sun for a while, so move it to a shaded area or briefly run the fountain to cool it off before letting your dog use it.
Promising review: "Best purchase I’ve made for my 2-year-old German Shepard by far. The comedy alone is worth the price tag. It took him about 25–30 minutes to figure it out, and now he wants to play with it all day every day. I left it outside this afternoon, thinking we’d come back later tonight after dinner, and he wouldn’t let me leave it in the yard...he picked it up, and tried bringing it inside." —Chris S.
Get it on Amazon for $49.90.
13. A four pack of cooling bandanas to help keep your fur child cool on the go. Practical *and* fashionable — simply wet and wring it out and tie it around your pup for instant cooling.
Promising review: "I bought these in desperation of the heat wave and our walks. When it arrives, it looks like just a few cloths...nothing special to look at. I ran it under cold water and placed it in the fridge for a bit, and surprisingly it remained cold waaaaaay longer than any rag I would have used. There is something to it. It does remain cool and damp. Super LIGHTWEIGHT. GREAT value for the money." —Nicole M.
Get it from Amazon for $15.99 (four pack — blue, green, pink, and yellow included).
14. A cooling vest with a little more coverage that your pup will never get tired of wearing. By pulling the heat away from their body, this vest can help prevent overheating and dehydration.
Promising review: "We live in Southern California, and it’s just not friendly weather to a dog in fur. The first time I put it on him, he had been lying around outside, too hot to play. He startled at the fastener sounds, but within five minutes his body temp seemed to be regulated to a happy place, and he spent the next three hours trotting about the backyard tracking butterfly shadows and squirrel tracks, happy as could be and not panting from warmth." —QualityConcious
15. A pop-up doggie door that you can use when you want and store when you don't. So you don't have to commit to installing an ~official~ doggie door, but that will also prevent you from having to constantly get up and down to let your dog in or out whenever they demand.
PopUpPetDoor is a small business originally started to help a senior pup get quick and easy access outside. They now create different solutions to help all our fur babies easily transition from indoors to outdoors and vice versa!
Promising review: "My dog loves the doggie door! We put it up when we are in the pool, and this allows her the freedom to stay with us or go into the air-conditioned house." —Scarlett
16. A splash pad for your backyard that will not only keep your dog cool but also entertained with its variety of sprinkler options. They'll be having so much fun that you might want to join yourself.
Reviewers mention making sure your dog's nails are trimmed to prevent any puncturing, but hey, a small hole just means extra water spray!
Promising review: "My dog absolutely loves water. He has had an absolute blast with this! He tried to run off with it while I empty it to put it away; I’ve had to pull it away from him multiple times. He is a bully breed power chewer, and he never ripped through it. I’m sure he could have had I not been paying attention to him, but the amount of times he tried, there wasn’t a single tooth hole. Very satisfied. We can’t wait to bring it out again next year." —Brittany
17. An adorable baseball hat to keep the sun out of their eyes, but more importantly, for them to look adorable.
CityBearCo is a small business providing quality and stylish products for pets.
Promising review: "You will not regret buying this hat for your pup, so freaking cute! Has a magnetic clasp that makes it easy to put on and take off; the stitching is great and even has an MLB logo on the back." —Amiee
18. A rechargeable, portable fan that can be wrapped around a crate or brought in a car to help circulate airflow when the AC alone just isn't cutting it.
*Bonus: This product isn't ~designed~ for a dog crate, so it can be used with many different products or can even just rest on a table.
Promising review: "I have a 7-month-old golden retriever who runs HOT. We bought this fan to place in front of her crate during crate training, and it has helped her to feel SO much more comfortable." —Shalese M.
19. A splash-free bowl if your doggo had too much fun in the sun and can't wait to get home before gulping down some ice cold water. The special design makes sure you won't have to clean up a messy car when you get home.
Promising review: "We got this for our dog on our sail boat. No more spilled water! (Unless we step on it.) Dog drinks out of it just fine; it is also great in the car and water does not spill out. It is all silicone-based material and is sturdy, yet you can fold it and smash it into a backpack. I highly recommend. And yes it is slanted to one side (one side is shorter) so that you can put on an inclined surface such as a car seat. You can still place it on a flat level surface just fine as well." —John G.
Get it from Amazon for $13.95 (available in two colors).
20. A doggie doorbell so when you don't want to brave the heat but your pup does, you can still let them out knowing they can tell you exactly when they are ready to head back into the AC.
Worried your pup won't be interested? Well don't! There is a built-in treat holder to entice them to sniff around and eventually start using it.
Promising review: "We love this doorbell, and it keeps our Rottie from getting yelled at for scratching at the door to get in. It took about a half hour for three days for him to start using it regularly. IF we do not open the door immediately after he rings the bell, he holds it down and keeps ringing it until we let him in. It's a great buy! Love it." —Stp/Dia Dahlin
Get it from Amazon for $30.
21. A foldable dog pool that is big enough to lounge or play to help cool off your pup (or yourself 😉).
Promising review: "This doggie pool was a godsend in this past weekend's heat wave! Setup was a breeze — unfold it over a firm level surface and fill with water from the hose! My fur baby loved it, jumped right in to get relief from the heat and sun! She was so intrigued by the pool. The material seems very durable; it didn't get any scratches from her claws. The walls were rigid and reinforced. And when it came time to put it away, a simple drainage plug emptied out the water very easily and quickly. I let it dry out in the shade before I folded it up easily. It comes in a zippered clear bag that keeps it together nicely. It also comes with a repair kit patch in case something does puncture it." —Eric L.
22. A portable SlumberPod for your furry friend to have some ~me time~ in a cool and comfortable, blacked-out environment.
SlumberPod is a mother-and-daughter-owned small business making comfy and cozy sleeping/privacy pods for babies and pets.
Promising review: "These little SlumberPod blackout tents are very well constructed and do a great job of blacking out while allowing air flow into the crate, making for peace of mind for me and a restful night for my puppy." —Erin