We recently asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us their best tips for using their slow cookers and Instant Pots.
Here are some of their best tips — as well as a few of our own:
1. Invest in a slow cooker that has browning capabilities (or a stovetop-safe insert) to reduce the number of dishes you have to do.
2. Make sure to coat the inserts of both your Instant Pot and slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray — even when the recipe doesn't call for it.
3. Invest in slow cooker liners to make clean up a breeze.
4. Prep out your recipes and store them in gallon-size plastic bags in the freezer for easy dump-and-go dinners.
5. Add ingredients to your slow cooker in steps based on how long they take to cook.
6. Resist the urge to open the lid of your slow cooker — it'll just make everything take longer.
7. When releasing the steam from your Instant Pot, use something long like a wooden spoon to prevent burning yourself.
8. Preheat your slow cooker before adding anything to it.
9. For a stronger flavor, add your spices/aromatics to your slow cooker in stages rather than all at once — and finish with fresh herbs.
10. To prevent scorching, always have "about a cup" of liquid in your Instant Pot at all times.
11. If the sealing ring on your Instant Pot starts to get smelly, you can easily remove it and wash it in water.
12. Learn how to turn slow cooker recipes into Instant Pot recipes and vice versa.
13. Line the lid of your slow cooker with a paper towel to absorb the condensation and promote browning.
14. Use your Instant Pot to make perfect hard-boiled eggs that are actually super easy to peel.
Note: Submissions have been edited for length and/or clarity.