13 Ways To Up Your Meal Prep Game
Let's get organized!
Meal prepping can seem like lot of work and it's hard to know where to begin.
1. Get off to a good start by investing in reusable meal prep containers...
2. And mason jars for your salads.
3. Write a weekly grocery list and stick to it.
4. Don't forget about frozen fruits and veggies...
Frozen fruits and vegetables are often harvested at peak ripeness (which = peak nutrient levels) and make meal prepping a breeze. See 13 recipes made with frozen vegetables here and integrate them into your weekly prep.
5. ...or canned as well!
Chopping and cooking fresh veggies takes a lot of time. Use canned vegetables in recipes that cook for a long time (like chilis, stews, and braises) and you won't even tell the difference. Check out 29 genius ways use them here.
6. Wash your produce as soon as you get home from the grocery store.
7. Prep and cook your veggies all at once.
9. Cook several items on one sheet pan for easy cleanup.
10. Use overlapping ingredients.
If you're using ground beef for a burger recipe, why not make meatballs or sloppy joes throughout the week with the same beef? Limiting the amount of ingredients you buy will save you time and money. Get creative and think of your meal prepping as a puzzle!
12. Freeze individual portions of smoothie prep in plastic baggies for a quick dump-and-blend breakfast.
13. Freeze your extra prep for next week's meals.
Instead of throwing away extra rice or roasted vegetables, freeze them for the following week to make your prep that much easier. See 27 meals you can cook and freeze here.