You may have heard someone at some point mention how cool Istanbul is, or how great the beaches are in Turkey.
And while that’s totally true, Turkey is so much more than just that. It’s a real melting pot for all surrounding cultures. For example…
And beyond just food, there’s all the history, like…
13. In fact, Mardin itself is just pretty incredible looking thanks to Arab and Kurdish influence.
16. The former city of Harran is a treasure cove of lost civilizations - from Babylonian to Crusader.
18. Kars must be the coolest damn city in the world, since the Turks, Russians, Georgians and Armenians all fought for it.
And, of course, there’s always Istanbul.
- Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz will step down at the end of the party's convention amid an email controversy.
- Chris Froome has won the Tour de France. He's the first Brit to win the cycling race three times 🚴