Fortunately, there are some tried and true tactics for making sure your filibuster can go all night.
Dr. Seuss is currently the Senate favorite, but don’t ever feel limited. This is your time to shine!
Beautiful reading, Sen. Cruz!
5. Remember, dress for success! You don’t want to be in any sort of discomfort.
Work it, Senator Davis!
6. Speaking of discomfort, you may want to invest in some adult diapers, ‘cause once this filibuster ball gets rolling there’s no backing out.
Just be as confident as Johnnie Cochran.
9. As a last ditch resort, you can always list your favorite elements of American culture until you’re back in the groove.
Well, you’re ready to filibuster. Go get ‘em, tiger!
- A state of emergency was declared in Baghdad as protesters breached the fortified "Green Zone," home to most ministries and embassies in the city.
- Daniel J. Berrigan, an American priest and poet famous for leading anti-Vietnam War protests, has died at the age 94.
- U.S. President Barack Obama zinged the media and presidential contenders before dropping the mic at his final White House Correspondents' Dinner 🇺🇸