1. King’s Landing from Game of Thrones
The entire Croatian city of Dubrovnik was used as the set for King’s Landing. You can even take a walking tour of all the filming locations around the city.
2. Shawshank Prison from The Shawshank Redemption
Shawshank Prison isn’t real, but the Ohio State Reformatory is. Not only was this site used for Shawshank, but it is now also out of use and haunted! You can take either Shawshank or ghost tours.
3. The Entirety of Hobbiton from The Lord of the Rings
The entirety of Hobbiton was built in Matamata, New Zealand. You can still take a complete tour through the set.
5. Quick Stop Groceries from Clerks
There’s not much to do here besides buy food or pretend to be either Jay or Silent Bob. There’s even a Yelp page. So if you’re ever swinging by Leonardo, New Jersey…
6. The mental institution from 12 Monkeys
Although set in Baltimore, the mental hospital from 12 Monkeys was actually Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia. Now a museum, it is apparently haunted and offers ghost tours through the fall.
11. Also Luke Skywalker’s home in Star Wars: A New Hope
Luke Skywalker’s family home on Tatooine, though alien looking, is actually the Hotel Sidi Driss in Matmata, Tunisia.
13. The stairs from The Exorcist
Remember those creepy stairs in The Exorcist? Well you can totally visit them in Georgetown! In fact, you can visit pretty much anywhere in that film.
14. The island from Jurassic Park
Now you can finally visit Jurassic Park!… Kind of. Although the sets are gone, who doesn’t want an excuse to go to Kauai, Hawaii? Also, there are Jurassic Park-themed helicopter tours.
- The world's oldest known breeding seabird just laid another egg. Her name is Wisdom and she's 66 🐦