8. Children in Barcelona take care of, and then beat, Tio de Nadal logs while asking it to shit presents through song.
One of the songs children routinely sing is:
hazelnuts and cottage cheese,
if you don’t shit well,
I’ll hit you with a stick,
14. Sinterklaas and his valet, Zwarte Piet (Black Pete), parade through the streets of the Netherlands and give Children presents on December 6.
Any child who misbehaves is hypothetically kidnapped by Pete and taken back to Santa’s home in Spain.
16. Santa Claus doesn’t visit children in Italy, but the witch La Befana does instead.
La Befana apparently was alive during Jesus’ birth, but couldn’t be bothered to visit the child. In an act of penitence, today she still gives candy to good children throughout Italy.
- Donald Trump says the shooting of NBA star Dwyane Wade's cousin is evidence of high crime rates he believes will boost his support among black people in November's election.
- Facebook shifts to algorithms to decide which stories to highlight in its trending news section after allegations of liberal bias at the company.
- Protesters climbed Berlin's Brandenburg Gate to protest against refugees. About 1.1 million asylum-seekers arrived in Germany last year.