8. Children in Barcelona take care of, and then beat, Tio de Nadal logs while asking it to shit presents through song.
One of the songs children routinely sing is:
hazelnuts and cottage cheese,
if you don’t shit well,
I’ll hit you with a stick,
14. Sinterklaas and his valet, Zwarte Piet (Black Pete), parade through the streets of the Netherlands and give Children presents on December 6.
Any child who misbehaves is hypothetically kidnapped by Pete and taken back to Santa’s home in Spain.
16. Santa Claus doesn’t visit children in Italy, but the witch La Befana does instead.
La Befana apparently was alive during Jesus’ birth, but couldn’t be bothered to visit the child. In an act of penitence, today she still gives candy to good children throughout Italy.
- Donald Trump accused former Miss Universe Alicia Machado of conning Hillary Clinton in a Twitter rant Friday morning.
- World leaders hailed the legacy of former Israeli statesman Shimon Peres at his state funeral in Jerusalem.
- Anti-mafia police in Naples have recovered two Vincent van Gogh paintings that were stolen in Amsterdam 14 years ago.