Wrong! Below are the most mind blowing, and comfortable, hostels from each continent. No need to find them so hostile now.
2. Hostel Celica, Ljubljana, Slovenia
Renovated by over 80 artists, Hostel Celica is the hottest spot in Central Europe. Originally a prison in the Austro-Hungarian Empire, this building now has a focus on peace, art, and diversity. You can always rest soundly knowing all your possessions are locked up safely.
3. Radeka Down Under, Coober Pedy, Australia
Coober Pedy is simultaneously the opal capital of the world, as well as being in the heart of the Australian Outback. Due to the extreme heat, Radeka is located entirely underground to keep comfortable at all times, allowing everyone to fulfill their hobbit fantasies.
6. Chinese Box Courtyard Hostel, Beijing, China
The Chinese Box Hostel offers visitors a taste of traditional living, in a historic neighborhood of Beijing. It also offers free daily Kongfu tea ceremonies and tours of the city. For those traveling on the cheap, there are also three free dinners a week.
7. Longstreet Backpackers, Cape Town, South Africa
Longstreet Backpackers is one of the original hostels in Cape Town, one of the top voted hostels in all of Africa, and is in the beating heart of the city. It also includes it’s own courtyard, BBQ area, and massive bar. Win!
9. Anak Ranch, Orkhon Valley, Mongolia
Anak Ranch is not a hostel for the faint of heart; it’s barely even a hostel. If you’re looking for adventure travel, Anak Ranch is the place for you. Guests are free to partake in traditional Mongolian life, relaxing on the steppe, or even taking ranch animals out for a ride.
11. Kadir’s Treehouses, Olympos, Turkey
Staying in log cabins might not be everyone’s idea of a vacation, but chances are you’ll barely be spending time inside anyway, due to having the Mediterranean and an entire ruined Roman city less than a ten minute walk away. Kadir is also gracious enough to supply breakfast and dinner daily.
12. The Loft Hostel, Budapest, Hungary
The Loft Hostel is truly a home away from home. Situated at the top floor of an apartment block, the Loft Hostel doesn’t offer free ammenities. What it does offer, though, are knowledgable staff, a chill environment, and a great location right on the river. Awesome!
13. India House, New Orleans, USA
India House has tons of perks: it’s located close to the Jazz Festival, Voodoo Festival, and French Street, and it offers a Bohemian atmosphere. Most importantly, though, India House has its own spirit animal - a magical(ish) cat! That’s reason enough to go.
15. Loki Hostels, Cusco, Peru
It’s hard to say what Loki Hostel, Cusco, doesn’t have going for it. The hostel itself is set in a renovated 450 year old building, while also being within hiking range of Machu Picchu. It also offers volunteer opportunities for those looking to do good work, while still being one of the craziest party hostels in South America.
- Let the Brexit countdown begin: Prime Minister Theresa May has invoked Article 50. Britain is set to leave the EU by 2019.
- The US House of Representatives voted to undo landmark internet privacy rules that protect your sensitive information 💻
- Companies like Nestle, Ben & Jerry's, and General Mills say they'll keep fighting carbon pollution despite Trump's climate change executive order.
- Two UN investigators' bodies were found in a shallow grave after they went missing in the Democratic Republic of Congo.