5. Step 5: Radical activism.
Romance novels are marginalized by the misogynistic mainstream literary establishment because they are, for the most part, written by women and read by women. Men who write about families and relationships are “contemporary novelists.” Women who do get pink covers slapped on their books are “romance novelists.” Eff the patriarchy.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- An admitted fraudster has access to Trump through his wife's job at Mar-a-Lago — and he's tried to use it to his advantage.
- United Airlines has settled with the man shown being violently dragged off a plane in a video that spurred widespread outrage.
- The massive investigation into professional soccer corruption is still alive and, well, kicking ⚽️
- "The Real Housewives" has remained a cultural force for over a decade by reinventing itself. But has the show peaked? 👠 🔥