1. You can go for a morning run before the heat gets really bad.
It’s been dark for hours, so the air has cooled down from “hell’s epicenter” to “dragon breath” levels. Now you can safely get your cardio in without the danger of severe heat exhaustion.
2. You won’t miss the breakfast menu… anywhere!
Plus, hitting your favorite breakfast joint before the rush hour means you’ll get the freshest hash browns, not crusty potatoes that have been sitting under heat lamps for the past three hours.
4. You become the master of time zones.
If you’re in L.A. but need to catch someone in New York before noon, you aren’t going to if you don’t roll out of bed until 10 a.m. When you’re up early, having a phone conference with a colleague in London during their lunch break isn’t a pain; it’s a pleasure because you’ve been awake for hours.
5. You never have to “work late” because you started work early…
…ensuring that you won’t be in the office till all hours of the night and can instead go out and enjoy your evening… or just go home to watch prime-time TV.
7. You rarely deal with insomnia since you’ve been awake for so many hours…
…making you eager to go to bed early to get your 40 winks in anticipation for the next day. Hurrah for regulated sleep cycles!
8. You get to fit in a little pre-work lovin’ with your lady or gent, and you don’t have to rush.
10. You can pretend the apocalypse happened and you’re the only person left alive.
With no one out and about on the streets except the odd shift worker, you’re free to enact that Walking Dead fantasy you’ve always had…without the flesh-eating zombies.
11. You don’t have to worry about getting caught in traffic.
The roads are clear, the subways are nearly empty, and there’s rarely a service delay because someone threw their coffee cup on the way to work and caused a track fire, stalling all service.
13. You have the whole day ahead of you to get things done.
Time! There’s so much time! The hours stretch in front of you like a cornucopia of opportunity. What will you fill them with? EVERYTHING! You don’t have to pick because you’ve got all day!
14. And FINALLY: You get to see the sun rise.
A new day is dawning in your part of the world and you get to see it come to life and experience the wonders of time and space and the fact that we’re essentially on a big rock orbiting a giant ball of gas that makes us tan and gives us light. SWEET!
- A Trump official says the campaign has "three major voter suppression operations underway."
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- Apple is expected to unveil a handful of updates to its Mac line today, including a new MacBook Pro📱 🍎