1. Because after French bread, no other bread will ever be edible again.
2. Because now all other languages sound pretty crap.
3. Because your mère d'accueil was a casual gourmet chef.
And when you begged her to teach you her ways, she just smiled, shrugged, and said, "Ah, mais c'est trop simple."
4. Because every moment really did feel like a scene out of a movie.
5. Because how can you go back to two-buck Chuck after drinking French wine for months?
6. Because the friends you make while studying in Paris are friends you'll keep for life.
7. Because regardless of what French men were actually like, they were so fun to look at.
8. And the women took your breath away.
9. Because Paris is gorgeous in the rain.
10. And the smell of Paris after it rains can't be matched.
11. Because you've tasted the hot chocolate of the gods.
And now you can't go back to powdered Cadbury's.
12. Because every park was its own little paradise.
13. Because nowhere else have you felt so connected to creative spirits of the past.
14. Because this is your favorite clock.
15. Because wherever you go, if you hear a French speaker you'll want to say bonjour.
16. Because this was the view from your homestay.
17. Because there's no better place for an autumn walk than le Canal St. Martin.
18. Because you'll miss the smell of these wafting down the streets.
19. Because there is nothing in the world — NOTHING — more romantic than a walk along the Seine at night.
20. Because now no meal will be complete without cheese.
21. Because oh mon dieu yes, this, oui oui oui.
22. Because these little billets took you everywhere you needed to go.
And everyone rode public transportation.
23. Because there is a certain quality of life in Paris that will be difficult to re-create anywhere else.
24. Because there's no better place to fall in love...
25. ...with someone else, or with the city, or with yourself.
26. Because you've had this magical stuff...
27. ...in the real St. Germain.
28. Because any time you wanted an English book you came here.
29. And anytime you wanted a French book, you could find a bookshop or cart on any street.
30. Because you'd give anything to walk back aux Champs-Élysées.
31. Because in Paris, people take the time to enjoy themselves.
32. Because this really is what public transportation looked like.
33. Because even after you'd passed it a hundred times, la Tour Eiffel still took your breath away.
34. And at night, you just can't look away.
35. Because your local movie theatre had live music before every film.
36. Because you're probably addicted to nicotine now.
37. Because there was always a festival to attend.
38. Because there's no better spot for a rendezvous than a drink on the banks of the Seine.
It's every bit as beautiful as you thought it would be.