Secret Santa is honestly so chaotic. It's like, "Let's see what happens when a group of complete strangers have to get each other gifts. What's the worst that could happen?"
Here, I present to you —no pun intended– the *worst that could happen.* We asked the BuzzFeed Community to share the most ridiculous and unforgivable Secret Santa gifts they've ever received, and the responses were shocking. Here are 11 of the most notable:
1. "I got an unmarked CD in a little plastic sleeve. On it was 90 minutes of someone making various animal noises intercut with random short snippets of show tunes."
2. "I got a dead, rotting aloe vera plant from my coworker. She explained later that she’d accidentally left it in her car, fully wrapped, for a whole WEEK before the gift exchange. We both think it’s hilarious now, but at the time she was super embarrassed and I (brand new to the company at the time) thought it was some kind of veiled threat."
3. "When 50 Shades of Grey was super popular, I got an enormous pair of Kegel balls. So that was interesting."
4. "As a 27-year-old art teacher at an after school place, my SUPERVISOR — who knew I was against coloring books because I wanted the kids to do more than just color in my classroom — gave me coloring books. Not adult coloring books, like kids Xmas coloring books."
5. "A guy literally wrapped some pens from his office in a piece of paper and gave them to my friend as a Secret Santa gift. I was speechless."
6. "Our work secret Santa has a £10 limit/suggestion. One year I was given a single bag of Milky Way Magic Stars. Not a bad chocolate, but at less than £1 a bag, very stingy.
To make matters worse, the bag had a two-for-one offer printed on it and yet I was never gifted the second, free bag!"
7. "I once had a small procedure, which meant for a day or two I had to wear a large sanitary pad (which a few people on my team knew about). A couple of weeks later, when it was Secret Santa, I received a huge box of adult nappies… in front of my whole office!"
8. "A rotten banana. A singular banana in an opened Ziplock bag, covered with tissue paper and hidden in a humongous gift bag. I hate bananas."
9. "I was pregnant and got a big bag of maternity pads. Very embarrassing to open in front of male colleagues I barely knew."
10. "I got duct tape. A literal roll of duct tape, with the mustache pattern that was popular circa 2012."
11. And finally,
"Nothing. The girl forgot my gift…"
Submissions have been edited for length/clarity.