1. On June 27, Canadian photographer Lindsay Foster captured this amazing photo of new dads BJ Barone and Frankie Nelson holding their baby, Milo, for the first time.
“I had the opportunity to photograph this amazing birth on June 27 for a surrogate and two expecting and anxious daddies. Hours were spent with them in the hospital room while the surrogate mom was laboring and I got to know them quite well,” said Lindsay. “They are two compassionate people who felt all the emotions that every new parent feels. They asked all appropriate questions of the birthing mom and the midwife and educated themselves as best as they could for their son’s arrival. I am so proud of these two dads.”
2. Milo was born via an unrelated surrogate. “She did not use her own eggs and she was very happy to have given this gift. Her, her husband and two children, are all doing great,” Lindsay explains.
BJ and Frankie were shirtless when they held Milo for the first time because skin-to-skin contact is said to be beneficial to newborn babies.
3. After Lindsay posted the photos to Facebook, they were liked and shared thousands of times.
Dad Frankie commented, “BJ and I want to thank you for this amazing gift you have [given] us!! We can not thank you enough for capturing the most amazing moment in our life!”
4. BJ and Frankie later released a statement via Lindsay’s Facebook saying the pictures represent unconditional love and “everthing Pride is about.”
“Thank you to everyone out there who has taken the time to like, comment and share our picture! This was truly an incredible moment in our lives that will be captured forever by the lovely Lindsay Foster Photography. We are so lucky that we have a beautiful, healthy baby boy! All comments posted are respected, although we may not agree with the negative ones, the positive ones far outweigh the negative. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. This is a moment of pure love and acceptance. Milo is surrounded by unconditional love and he will grow up knowing many different types of families and accept everyone, (intolerant people included). Milo was born during World Pride. This picture represents everything Pride is about. Love has no colour nor gender nor sexual preference. Love is unconditional. Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts! xxoo”
An earlier version of this article incorrectly listed Milo’s date of birth as July 27.
- Thousands of people hit the streets Saturday to participate in the People's Climate March, a protest against Trump's environmental policies.
- Today is Trump's 100th day in office. We found an average of about one false statement per day from him and his aides so far 💯
- Turkey's government has blocked users in the country from visiting Wikipedia, in yet another crackdown on free speech.
- Will Ferrell showed up to a special taping of Samantha Bee's "Not The White House Correspondents Dinner" as George W. Bush.