BuzzFeed Australia sent a bunch of uncaptioned photos of Australian Christmas traditions to our international colleagues and asked them to write down their immediate thoughts. This is what happened...
1. Backyard cricket.
2. Water fights.
3. CBF Christmas "tree".
4. A Christmas bus.
5. Santa delivering lollies to kids on the back of a firetruck.
7. A sandman.
8. Treats left out for Santa and his reindeer.
10. Champagne with strawberries.
11. Christmas decorations.
12. Christmas day at the beach.
13. Australian "Jingle Bells".
Odilon (France): That can't be real. Please tell me it's not?
Victor (Russia): Where is Rudolph?
Laura (UK): My god.
Luke (UK): This just makes me feel confused and tired.
Chris (US): I'm going to scream this outside of my neighbour's house.
Chelsea: I feel like they're making do with a shitty Christmas situation. I do think maybe just write a new song? But whatever, you do you, Australia. I'm just thankful Vegemite wasn't on this post.
Keely (US): SATAN LIVES.