1. The opening still gives me butterflies, as it pans from the creek up to Dawson’s house, with those pan pipes (?) playing.
2. I can never watch ET without hearing Katie Holmes say “I’ll be right hEeeEre”.
3. Wow, they were such babies.
4. When I was a teenager watching this, all I wanted was a boy best friend who I could share a bed with and maybe kiss. Only not one as terrible as Dawson Leery.
5. Why do I still know this entire dialogue off by heart.
6. “The male/female thing will get in the way.” They really set up the entire premise for the show in this one scene.
7. “Come on, don’t get all female on my Joey.” Ugh. Dawson.
8. Didn’t Joey just put on her shoes? Where did they go?
9. Dawson is such a bed hog. No wonder Joey wanted to go home.
10. These opening credits make me want to weep with nostalgia.
11. I love that the introduction to Pacey’s character is him dressed as a sea monster, dragging Joey into the water, and then the two of them bickering. How was it not clear they were endgame from the start.