1. People who turn 21 this year have never known a world without Toadfish Rebecchi.
Ryan Moloney, 37, has been on Neighbours since 1995 - more than half his life.
2. And those who were born in the year The Saddle Club premiered (2001) are nearly finished high school.
3. Bindi Irwin is old enough to drink.
4. Jeffrey Walker, star of Round the Twist, The Wayne Manifesto, Mirror, Mirror, Ocean Girl and Thunderstone, is now the father of two kids.
5. Nikki Webster is 30 this year, and the mother of a three-year-old.
6. Summer Heights High came out 10 years ago.
7. The novel Looking For Alibrandi turns 25 this year, while the movie hits 17 - the same age Josie is in the film.
8. Sophie Lee is now older than Anne Tenney was when she played her mother in The Castle.
9. Australian Idol has been off air for more years than it was on.
10. There hasn't been a new issue of TV Hits in seven years.
11. Kids these days sing "Wake Up Lachy" instead of "Wake Up Jeff", because Jeff hasn't been in the band for five years.
12. And anyone under the age of 20 has no idea who Agro is.
13. Silverchair hasn't released new music in 10 years.
14. It's been a decade since John Howard was prime minister of Australia.
15. And it's been five years since Julia Gillard's searing misogyny speech.
16. Shane Warne hasn't played cricket for Australia in a decade.
17. The Thredbo landslide happened 20 years ago.
18. And this year is the 15th anniversary of the Bali Bombings.
19. We're closer to 2030 than we are to the Sydney Olympics.
20. We haven't been happy with Jan for 17 years.
21. And anyone under the age of 12 has never known the joy of a Yowie.
People born in 2001 would be in year 10 or 11 at school in 2017, not year 12 as this post previously stated.