Season 1, Episode 1: "The Magic School Bus Gets Lost In Space"
1. That theme song. Wow. RIGHT IN THE CHILDHOOD.
2. I completely forgot about this iconic song until this moment and now it's all flooding back to me.
3. I feel emotional already.
4. OK. Here we go.
5. Wait, the redhead kid had a twin?
6. Who is this girl, I have no memories of her.
7. Oh. Janet. She is Arnold's cousin.
8. I've only seen her for two minutes but I've decided she's the worst person in the world.
9. OMG Ms Frizzle's dress is amazing. It has PLANETS on it.
10. I remember always loving her clothes.
11. How ~kooky~.
12. OMG they just zoomed into space like it's no big thing.
13. I feel like they would need more training to go into space.
14. And also, not be children.
15. Say field trips one more time.
16. Field trips.
17. How many field trips do they go on anyway?
18. Like, every day do they just go on a new one?
19. I guess I would too if I had a magic school bus.
20. Where does the magic school bus come from, by the way?
21. Is that ever explained?
22. Like is Ms Frizzle magic?
23. Or just the bus?
24. And, like, are the parents cool with all these field trips?
25. The principal?
26. DO THESE CHILDREN HAVE HOMES?
27. Why are there only eight kids in Ms Frizzle's class?
28. What kind of school IS this?
29. So many questions.
30. They're at the sun right now this is SO realistic.
31. (I know I KNOW it's just a kid's show.)
32. (But seriously they're AT THE SUN. AND THEY'RE LOOKING AT IT. WHAT IS THIS TEACHING OUR YOUTH?!?)
33. OMG shut up Janet.
34. She really is the worst.
35. This teacher is way too happy about acid rain.
36. "Oh that's just acid rain, it could kill us!" *Giggles profusely*
37. Now she is sounding way too happy to be going to Mars.
38. Like, she's attracted to Mars.
39. Out of all the planets, Mars is pretty hot I guess.
40. Wait, the bus has a face?!
41. How did I not remember that?
42. I feel like I thought I knew this show much better than I actually do.
43. Hang on… is that Lily Tomlin?
44. THAT'S LILY TOMLIN.
45. HOW DID I NOT KNOW LILY TOMLIN WAS MS FRIZZLE?!
46. Why are these kids not attached to the space craft/school bus?
47. Like, isn't that what goes wrong in Gravity?
48. Why are they not attached to anything?
49. Omg are they gonna get stuck in space?
50. Yep, they're lost in space.
51. Oh. Right. That's the episode title. Derrr.
52. What is Ms Frizzle on? I want some. She's so happy in ANY situation.
53. And like she can do anything but she's also ditzy AF.
54. What IS Ms Frizzle?!
55. I love her.
56. Oh jeez now she's lost the kids. Or the kids have lost her. They're lost in space and they have lost each other.
57. This is the entire plot of Gravity.
58. Who is driving this bus?
59. This is not responsible teaching, Ms Frizzle.
60. SHE'S STILL SO HAPPY.
61. Janet STAHP trying to pile random space rubble on to the bus.
62. I have never hated anyone as much as I hate Janet.
63. "I just need the red stuff!" Janet cackles maniacally as she hijacks the bus.
64. Is this an allegory for drug addiction?
65. Janet is OUT OF CONTROL.
66. Meanwhile Ms Frizzle has left these kids to navigate through space with only riddles as clues to where she is.
68. This episode is giving me a nice refresher on what order the planets go in though. Thanks guys.
69. Janet just took shit from every planet and dumped it all on Pluto. She's destroying the eco system of the solar system.
70. Can they just leave Janet in space.
71. Omg Arnold WHAT ARE YOU DOING?
72. Is he going to remove his helmet just to prove a point?
73. IS HIS HEAD GOING TO EXPLODE?!
74. Ho don't do it.
75. Oh my god.
77. He just turned into a frozen John Lennon.
78. And now they're back on Earth and he's back to normal except he just has a cold?
80. Urgh Janet urgh.
81. Who dresses the same as their cousin, honestly.
82. Ralphie you're such a CLOWN.
83. They really love puns on this show.
84. Same tbh.
85. THE PHONES!
86. I REMEMBER THIS!
87. Back when we used phones as phones.
88. Wow. Memories.
89. I always wanted to be the girl hanging upside down in the tree. Weird goals.
90. Is that Tim as an adult?!
91. Are they fact checking the episode?
92. IS THAT WHAT THIS IS?
93. Yep, they are fact checking their own show.
94. "Just ignore everything we just taught you, most of it was false."
95. They need this after Pretty Little Liars.
96. "We just fudged it." Actual quote.
97. This is amazing.
98. I want to watch the whole thing now.
99. Seatbelts everybody!