1. First up, both countries are absolutely beautiful.
2. And really freaking hot.
3. So people keep cool with iced treats in tubes of plastic.
4. There's a perception that everyone looks like a supermodel.
5. Thongs are a staple in both countries.
Collecting Havaianas is pretty much a part of growing up in Brazil, and Australia now loves them so much we have vending machines dedicated to them.
6. And brand-name jumpers are coveted - even if Brazil and Australia aren't exactly the coldest climates.
7. The wildlife in both countries is completely insane.
From Brazil: "Pampulha Pond Alligator is only getting fatter and calmer."