[Be advised: This article contains potentially offensive content.]
1. 2013 was a tough year, but The Onion remained dedicated to bringing us hard news. Be it foreign...
3. Or avian...
4. The Onion always reported the facts.
5. Or at least versions of the facts.
6. No matter how uncomfortable it made us.
7. They broke tech news.
8. And Biden news.
9. And exposed Washington's most heated drama.
10. They conducted important polls on their Facebook page.
11. And brought us the Good...
12. The Bad...
13. And the Adorable.
14. They showed their range, becoming the go-to publication for fashion news.
15. They emerged as a top source for coverage of Taylor Swift's sex life.
16. Their Royal Baby coverage rivaled the BBC's.
17. They laughed in the face of "too soon."
18. And published editorials combining politics, dogs, and puns.
19. They conducted exclusive interviews.
21. And featured riveting local news coverage.
22. No story was too small.
23. Or too socially repulsive.
24. They brought us exclusive previews of our favorite shows.
25. And gave this duck a byline.
26. They told us how things are.
27. And how they should be.
28. Yes, how they should be.
29. They published this stunning manifesto.
30. And took a stand against Eric Bana.
31. But while their stories tugged at our heartstrings...
33. And their food coverage was ground-breaking...
The reason they won 2013 is:
35. They hardly mentioned Miley Cyrus.
When you're as good as they are, you just don't have to.