We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A 24-inch budget-friendly monitor in case working off just your laptop isn't cutting it anymore. It'll give you a much larger workspace and the ability to drag windows seamlessly between your connected laptop and monitor. Being able to reference multiple pages at once can have a major (positive) impact on your productivity — and it's much more comfortable than crouching over your MacBook every day.
It features a 75Hz refresh rate with 1080p resolution, making it suitable for casual gaming too. It has two HDMI ports — be sure to pick up a USB-C hub if you're planning to connect a MacBook (I've used this one for years and like it!).
Promising reviews: "If you work from home, you must have this in your life! Super easy to set up, great packaging, great quality, great price. I absolutely LOVE this!" —RundownwithRachel
"Just set this monitor up, and so far it’s earned all five stars! It was easy to assemble, it’s compatible with my MacBook Pro (with a USB-C adapter), and the picture is great! I just wanted another monitor for when I work from home, so having something available that was affordable like this was perfect for what I needed." —Allison H.
Get it from Amazon for $135.
2. Or a portable monitor if you don't want a full-size monitor but still need a second screen that you can easily put away when you're done. It's thin like a tablet and versatile — you can incorporate it into your work-from-home setup or use the included cover to slip it into your bag and take on the go!
This is *perfect* if you like to take your work to the local coffee shop on nice days.
The Lepow Z1-Gamut is a 15.6-inch IPS monitor with a mini HDMI port, a USB-C port, dual speakers, and a higher color gamut (basically, more vivid visuals). At 1080p and 60Hz, it's not a bad option for casual gaming in your off hours either (many reviewers are using it with their Nintendo Switch).
Promising review: "I purchased this portable monitor to help with working at home since I'm unable to take home one of my work monitor. I'm beyond happy with the quality of the monitor. Truly the quality between my laptop and the portable monitor is beyond similar. It's def a must buy for anyone working from home. I'm also excited to use this product when we are allowed to travel again. I will be able work with two monitors at any hotel or airport." —Monique
Get it from Amazon for $219.99 (also available in 14-inch model).
3. A slim laptop stand that'll raise your laptop and bring it closer to eye level, especially handy if you use it with a desktop monitor. This is better for the overall ergonomics of your setup, but it also ensures your laptop gets ventilation and doesn't overheat.
This stand fits any laptop from 10 to 15.6 inches and can be easily disassembled into three parts for easy transportation.
Promising review: "This product came very quick, was easy to assemble, and it’s very sturdy. I can’t believe it took me as long as it did to purchase a laptop stand as I’ve been working from home since October. It makes a big difference in my comfort sitting at my desk for eight hours. I have two screens, so I needed my laptop to be elevated so I don’t slump over. Hands down, an absolute must for the home office." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $28.99+ (available in 10 colors).
4. A chic, waterproof desk mat — it's like a mouse pad, but wide enough for your keyboard or laptop to fit, too. It really helps tie your entire space together visually while also protecting your desk from scratches, stains, and spills.
Promising review: "Must-have for teleworkers! This mat is the perfect size and protects my chalk-painted desk. It eliminates the need for an additional mouse pad due to the smooth surface. I love that it is reversible with a shimmery aqua color on one side and a soft silvery color on the other. The stitching around the edges appears strong and even. I’m very happy with this purchase for my current teleworking!" —Elizabeth S. James
Get it from Amazon for $12.99+ (available in eight color combinations and three sizes).
5. A keyboard cleaning gel, because when you WFH it's even more tempting to take lunch at your desk while continuing to work, which means there are likely tons of little crumbs building up between your keyboard keys, not to mention dust and grime. All you have to do is gently press this gel against the keyboard, and it'll pick up all the dirt and crumbs between your keys.
Promising review: "Working from home like a lot of people I eat at my desk. Crumbs were getting everywhere. Plus my cat loved to lay on my keyboard if I was using my laptop. It does such a great job of getting fur and crumbs up. I used a little bit at first because some of the reviews were saying it was sticking. But I didn't have that problem at all. It only now it's sticking to my keyboard and hands more. But that makes sense it's just a glob if junk. So much better than an air can. A must-have for all office desks." —Ashley
Get it from Amazon for $6.99.
6. A six-outlet wall charger and surge protector, which doubles as a night-light with a dusk-to-dawn sensor — it automatically turns on when ambient light in the area isn't enough to see. It's designed to handle those annoyingly bulky chargers, PLUS it has two USB fast-charging ports, meaning you can finally put an end to your daily routine of plugging and unplugging things underneath your desk.
Promising reviews: "Work from home must-have. I work from home so I have a lot of items plugged in to the two nearest outlets. This six-outlet with the two USB ports and night light is awesome! Should’ve bought another for the other wall!" —Megan H.
"I work from home in a small apartment, and this really made my setup work the way I want it to. I need to use all six plugs, plus I like to keep my phone and MiFi charging while working too. This was the perfect thing for me to get everything plugged in and essentially retrofitted into a built-in apartment wall desk setup that was intended for the large desktop towers of the late '90s. I’m ordering a second one in hopes it transforms another part of my weird floor plan. Bonus: The USB ports seem to fast charge my iPhone XS Max. I can go from dead to fully charged in about 90 minutes." —Moose
Get it from Amazon for $19.97.
7. A Wi-Fi extender if the internet connection in your home office is so shaky, you're constantly cutting out and having connection issues during video calls. This ensures you'll have the strongest connection no matter where you choose to work, meaning fast downloads and a clear picture for your remote meetings.
Promising review: "Work-from-home must-have! Wanted to move my WFH setup to another room without running an Ethernet cable across the entire house...this worked perfectly! Set up in less than 10 minutes and no issues with speed or connectivity :)" —Brigit Edwards
"It is essential when working from home to have a strong internet connection. I called my current network company and I would need to invest $99.99 to upgrade my network. Decided to purchase this and honestly, it was the best investment. Super easy to set up in 10 minutes. I downloaded the tether app so it was easier. As soon as set up was done, connected all my devices at home. Made sure all were in watching a movie to see how fast it went and it was amazingly fast! This is a must-buy! No regrets!" —MamaSu
Get it from Amazon for $29.99 (available in two styles).
8. A pair of blue-light–blocking glasses, because we all stare enough at our phone screens as it is without adding another eight hours of staring at our computer, with more time spent in video calls than interacting IRL with people when you WFH. These lenses protect you from blue light that can cause eye strain and headaches and even mess up your sleep cycle.
Promising review: "I have been needing some blue-light-blocking glasses due to the increase in the amount of time I am spending online when working at home. I love the style of these two frames: They are trendy, lightweight, and comfortable. I have gotten a few compliments on them when on Zoom meetings! A must-buy. I definitely have noticed less eye strain for sure!" —carabetha
Get a set of two from Amazon for $15.98+ (available in 13 color combos).
9. A memory foam gel pad to provide ergonomic support for your wrists and avoid the aches and pains that come with typing at a computer all day, especially if you're just working on a laptop or slim keyboard. Seriously, once you get wrist pads, there's no going back.
It comes in two pieces — one you can prop in front of your keyboard, and the other in front of your mouse.
Promising review: "Must-have for working from home. Before covid, I had a similar set at my desk. After over one and a half years of working from home, I started to get wrist pain on the tops of my wrists and realized it was because I wasn't using a similar support. These have already helped alleviate some of the discomfort and will hopefully eliminate it entirely over time. Highly recommend if you're also working from home!" —Tammylynn130
Get it from Amazon for $12.98+ (available in 13 colors and without the mouse hand rest).
10. An adjustable foam footrest for placing under your desk, giving your feet a soft yet firm support. It essentially brings the floor to you, extremely helpful if you're on the shorter side and your feet don't easily lay flat on the floor! And if you tend to get restless throughout the day, you can flip it over and rock back and forth.
I've been using this particular footrest for well over a year now, and I can say I didn't realize how uncomfortable I was while sitting until I had this. I'm 5'3 and use the full height of this footrest to ensure my feet are completely supported, but you can remove the bottom part to adjust the height if needed. The velvety cover also comes off and can be tossed in the washing machine for easy cleaning.
Promising review: "Excellent product, really improves my home office setup. Great footrest, stays put and is very comfortable without being squishy like a pillow, which would just be annoying. Material is durable and does not absorb odors (NYC air is often stinky). Most important, it doesn't make my feet hot, even in the summer. Awesome product, a must-have especially when the coronavirus has made it necessary for many folks to work from home." —SophiaD
Get it from Amazon for $37.96.
11. A Bluetooth speakerphone if you're still relying on your laptop speakers for video calls. This'll noticeably improve your audio by reducing background noise and enhancing your speech, and you'll hear your colleagues more clearly as well, making it an improvement for everyone involved.
You can also use this as a regular speaker for music and podcasts and the like, and hook it up using an AUX cord or an included dongle. Conveniently, it also has a button to mute and unmute yourself, so if you're using different video platforms (or your kid is online learning) it's easy to just mute yourself manually if you can't find the button right away on the screen.
Promising reviews: "A must-have for remote work. My remote working experience just got 1,000 times better. This little speaker was just what I needed to reduce background noise and make meetings more effective." —Cheryl
"Very convenient, great audio quality. Better than my MacBook. People were complaining about the noise from other things at home when using my MacBook, but this one cleared all the noise and my voice was crystal clear on the other end." —Uday Poosarla
Get it from Amazon for $67.99 (available in three colors).
12. A sturdy phone holder that makes it *so* much easier if you take video calls for work on your phone — or for taking those midday breaks to scroll TikTok. You can prop your phone up vertically or horizontally and keep it charging at the same time!
This holder also has grippy pads on the bottom so it doesn't slide around or scratch your desk!
Promising reviews: "A WFH must-have. This phone stand is wonderful to have on my desk while working from home. It would make a great stocking stuffer, too!" —Audrey McDonald
"I bought this for all of the Zoom meetings I was conducting at home. It works great! It’s very sturdy and allows me a good angle when speaking to clients. Would recommend." —Amazon Customer
Get it from Amazon for $8.99 (available in eight colors).
13. A Rocketbook smart reusable notebook you can fill with handwritten notes, then blast them straight to your smart device for storage, wipe the pages clean, and start over. Not only will you be able to look back on them for your own reference, but it *also* means you'll be able to send notes from that important Zoom meeting directly to your boss as an attachment and look super organized.
Promising review: "My new work-from-home must-have. I am a big fan of handwriting notes. I have tried a few digital note taking solutions with the Apple Pencil, but it never felt 100%. This notebook bridges that gap. This notebook has been perfect to keep aside my keyboard to jot notes, to-dos, and reminders that I can then easily import to apps to track if I haven’t completed them by the end of the day. If you are a note-taker, I highly recommend you pick one up. I am already eyeing up the planner version." —Jonathan B. Fischer
Get it from Amazon for $22.88+ (available in two styles and 10 colors and patterns).
14. A super lightweight ergonomic lap desk for when you need to move the "office" to your couch or bed, because it's just one of those days. That said, it also works great at a desk, with an anti-slip wrist pad for comfort and to prevent your laptop from sliding down. Plus, a handy storage slot in the back is designed to prop up your phone or tablet.
15. Or a bigger, adjustable laptop tray table that folds up when not in use. It offers plenty of space for a large laptop, a notebook, an iPad and phone (thanks to the tray at the top), *and* small items like pens and glasses thanks to the side drawer. It can be set to five different heights and four different angles, so you can really customize it to your comfort.
This can be used as a standing desk or as a table while working from bed!
Promising review: "I hate how much I love this. I didn't own a desk and now work primarily from home so this desk has become a must-have. It is very sturdy and I feel like I'm swimming in space underneath it. The top has some kind of pseudo leather and is anti-slip so I don't loose everything and it has cool inserts that help things from falling if I set it at an angle. Puts the fun in Functional." —TweedleDumsTwin
Get it from Amazon for $76.49 (available in four colors).
16. An electric mug warmer if you, like me, get distracted while working and sip your morning coffee so slowly, it ends up going cold before you finish it. With this electric warmer, you can happily enjoy your hot, caffeinated drink for hours.
Tip: Reviewers suggest turning the heat down from high to medium once your drink gets down to about the halfway point so it stays a comfortable temperature!
Promising reviews: ""This is a work from home must-have!!!! Drink stays hot until the very last drop. Highly recommend." —Gigi
"This is a game changer. I, like many people, have ended up working from home... every day. A full-time job and a side business keeps me busy, and my ADHD makes it so that I bounce from one thing to another. This little device makes sure that whenever I reach for my mug, I'm met with warm tea no matter what! I was VERY skeptical because I have a lot of handmade mugs, but they fit perfectly and stay warm. When things open up, I will buy another one for the office." —Ashley Mcelf
Get it from Amazon for $18.77+ (available in eight styles).
17. A selfie ring light for all your virtual meetings so your coworkers can actually *see* your lovely face and not a shadowy figure with a dark background.
You can either use this with your phone mounted just under the light for FaceTime, or if you're calling or filming from a laptop, you can set up the tripod or the light on your desk behind the screen. Boom, fancy lighting.
Promising review: "All around great item and great price! Provides great, easily adjustable light at three different color temps. Must-have for the working from home professional or DIY vlogger." —iluvstuff
Get it from Amazon for $33.99+ (also available with stand or tripod).
18. An adjustable standing desk converter, because we all know sitting for hours straight is terrible for our health. With this, you can easily take standing breaks throughout the day while still working, and when you're sitting, it functions as a regular monitor stand so you can set your screen at eye level.
Reviewers say it's sturdy, assembles in minutes, and has worked wonders for both their back pain and productivity.
Promising reviews: "Working from home, having a standing desk is critical. I can work more easily without always sitting. I can hug family as they leave for the day without losing work and just turning around. I can keep my cat off my keyboard during meetings. If I am starting to drift off or lose concentration, I can stand and stretch. It forces me to organize my desk (moving it up and then down, I have to keep it clean and clear). It has been pretty wonderful." —Angelfishu
"Super easy to put together. It probably took me 10 minutes to do. The instructions had no wording, only pictures, but you should be able to figure it out based on just pictures. Looks great. Movement is also easy as far as going up and down. I think if you work from home this is a must have." —Kate Mc
Get it from Amazon for $139.95+ (available in four sizes and in three colors).
19. Or a sleek and beautiful electric standing desk if you're ready to go all-in on the sit-to-stand office life. With just the tap of a button, it'll raise itself up in a matter of seconds, and you can save up to four height presets so you're not having to readjust each time! It also has a child lock feature to avoid accidental activation *and* three handy USB charging ports on the side.
I've been using the FlexiSpot Comhar EG8 standing desk for well over a year now, and I really can't recommend it enough if you're ready to invest in a high-quality standing desk. I have the white desk with a glass top, and it looks super modern and elegant in my living room. There's a thin drawer in the front — you won't be storing anything super thick in there, but it's great for putting papers, Post-its, and other small items out of the way.
The actual standing desk feature works like a charm — since it's just me using this desk, I only use two of the four height presets: one for my sitting position, and one for my standing position. An anti-collision feature is also built in, meaning the desk will stop moving if it detects an obstacle in its way. I've found this feature can be a little hit or miss, so it's best to keep the area clear and just be attentive as it moves up and down. The child lock is *particularly* handy — I don't have kids around, but it's easy to bump into the control panel and accidentally activate the desk if you don't have this lock turned on.
Another promising review: "LOVE this desk. Super easy to assemble, and the built-in drawer keeps things so tidy. I like the child safety lock, too. It took a few weeks to arrive but was very well-packaged. The quality blows me away. Before the pandemic, I worked at various offices with all different kinds of stand-up desks, and this one by far is the most versatile and well made. This is a must-have upgrade if you're working from home. Beautiful, functional and the child lock feature makes it safe if kids are around. Can't recommend enough." —Brie
Get it from Amazon for $399.99+ (available in four colors and with a wood or glass top).
20. A desktop whiteboard that fits in that lil' space between your monitor and keyboard for writing quick notes, ideas, or even motivational messages for yourself because that WFH grind ain't easy. A little pull-out drawer holds your dry-erase markers and other small accessories!
This whiteboard also comes with a dry-erase marker, accessory channel (to hold the marker), and a storage drawer.
Promising review: "This black whiteboard is wonderful! You do need to get some liquid paint markers for it to work; I bought these at the same time and they are wonderful as well! Once you write on your board and the 'paint' dries, it doesn't wipe off! Only the white pen that came with the board wiped off with my hand. When you need to clean off your board, just use a damp microfiber cloth or just some paper towels and it will come right off. I use this board daily to time block what I am doing and put it behind my keyboard so I can type and see what I'm doing for that hour. A must-have productivity tool for me now! Especially working from home now. Two thumbs way up!" —Rose Gold
Get it from Amazon for $26.98+ (available in five styles).
21. A USB-powered cooling pad if you like to work with your laptop directly on your lap but *don't* like the feeling of your legs burning after approximately five minutes. It'll also help if you're working on an older laptop that starts to sound like a jet engine after a while. This slim pad connects directly into one of your laptop's USB ports and uses its three powerful fans to keep it cool and quiet while you get your work done.
I've had this cooling pad since 2018, though I mainly use it with my personal laptop when I'm playing PC games. The pad itself is super quiet and not distracting, and it does a fantastic job of actively cooling down my now-older laptop while it's working hard to run games, so I can vouch for its effectiveness. It's also *fantastic* to use while you're working with your laptop on the couch, keeping your legs away from the heat without feeling bulky or heavy. If you're using a MacBook, be sure to pick up a USB-C hub to connect this.
Promising review: "Best purchase I have made in years. Only had it two days, but the first words out of my mouth to my wife were, 'I can work for hours like this.' If you work from home and like to work on the couch, recliner, breakfast nook, patio, etc, and you have your computer in your lap, this is an absolute must-have. Not only does it keep your legs and lap cool, but it also keeps your computer cool and able to process much more efficiently." —Trent Thiel
22. An adjustable mesh desk chair because it's time to stop sitting in that hard, straight-back dining room chair with zero lumbar support. This will give your comfort a major upgrade with its breathable mesh lining, adjustable flip-up armrests, neck rest, and recline function — so you can lean back and admire all your hard work.
Promising reviews: “This chair is amazingly comfortable. Especially with the lumbar pillow I received from the seller. I was in desperate need of a new chair, and this chair meet my need. I love it! Definitely a must-have for your home office." —LNG
"I got spoiled by a Herman Miller chair at work. I've been putting up with some cheap cloth and foam computer desk chair for years. Now that I'm a bit older, and do some work at home, I needed more comfort and support, and this chair works for what I need and it didn't cost me $800. Granted this one isn't as adjustable, and the lumbar support isn't pronounced, but it is soooo much better than what I had. It might be difficult for some to put together, as it can be a bit heavy for one person, but the weight also contributes to the 'well-made' feeling once put together. The best thing about this chair is the size of the seat, which fully supports my butt, and back of my thighs, all the way to the back of my knees. The neck support is nice too, but I could see some being irritated with the limited positioning — it can be removed." —Christopher L. Dulawan
Get it from Amazon for $289.50 (available in two colors).