44 Problem-Solving Products For Your Kitchen's Most Annoying Isssues
These handy products target everyday kitchen frustrations, from gross smells and stubborn stains to tedious ingredient prep.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A set of nonstick oven liners, because scraping burnt food off the bottom of your oven is a task no one wants to spend time doing. They're easily cut if needed to match your oven size and even easier to clean — just rinse them off or toss in the dishwasher for a deeper wash!
2. And slow-cooker liners that make the world's best kitchen appliance *even* better. After cooking up some tasty chili or dip, simply toss it out, leaving your slow cooker spick and span for the next meal — no scrubbing required.
3. A microwave rice and quinoa cooker so you don't have to wait 20 minutes just to make rice or some other grain to go with your meal! Just pop this into the dishwasher, and you'll have hot rice, quinoa, couscous, other the grain of your choice ready in minutes! It's specifically designed so that water doesn't overflow in the microwave while cooking.
Promising review: "We love this rice maker! Prep time in just minutes. This has saved us so much time, especially when we need dinner done quick! The rice comes out fully cooked. In the beginning, it may take a few tries, since all microwaves are different, (setting at 800) as recommended, you'll eventually know what amount of rice goes with what amount of water, etc. I add salt to taste and a teaspoon of olive oil and it comes out delish! When done, just turn it over on your serving plate or just serve it directly from the container; afterwards, just pop in dishwasher...no hard rice scraping to do. We've purchased other Lekue products and love them too! Highly recommend!" —Ani
Get it from Amazon for $26.95.
4. A easily washable drip catcher, because I don't know about you, but water is *constantly* pooling up around my faucet and splashing onto the counter. This absorbent mat catches all the moisture and keeps the surface around your faucet dry and clean. No more gross standing water!
5. An air pressure wine bottle opener if your palms sweat every time you have to reach for a manual corkscrew. With just a few pumps (no pulling or twisting), this air pump opener pulls the cork right out — no more broken cork pieces left floating in your wine.
6. A French-style marble butter keeper so you always have room-temp and perfectly spreadable butter on hand for your morning bagels and toast (because we all know the torture of trying to spread chilled butter).
7. A magnetic stove shelf for smaller kitchens where counter space is at a premium (hello, everyone in NYC). This magnetic shelf attaches to the top of your stove with zero installation required, giving you a very handy spot to store small essentials while freeing up precious cabinet space.
8. A reusable K-Cup to save you SO. MUCH. MONEY if you're using to buying the disposable kind. With this, you can use your favorite ground coffee while also cutting down on waste, and it's compatible with any Keurig machine!
9. A hand-powered chopper capable of swiftly chopping onions (along with veggies, fruits, nuts, and herbs) — no more tears or sliced fingers!
10. An herb stripper to cut down your time spent on one of the most painstaking kitchen tasks: pulling herb leaves off their stems. It has eight hole sizes, so all you have to do is insert your stem into to smallest hole it'll fit in, then pull it through to have all the leaves stripped off for you!
11. A spoon holder (and steam releaser!) so you stop dripping sauce all over the counter! Sure, you could use a spoon rest, but then you'd have to clean that afterward as well, and this little guy is also way more fun. Look at him!!
12. A "Bacon Bin" to handle that piping hot grease in a jiffy, because god forbid you pour any of it down the sink. You can pour it right into this to free up that dish you need to wash, then once the grease hardens, easily scoop it out for disposal or reuse.
13. A 3-in-1 egg separator that keeps the yolk separate from the whites while preventing any shell from falling into your bowl. If you cook (or bake) with eggs on the reg, this one's a no-brainer.
Promising review: "I love this product. Just hold the separator with one hand, crack the egg on the ridge with the other, swirl the yoke until all the egg white has poured out, then dump the yoke in the trash or sink. If they had these in a two- or four-egg model, I'd buy it. By far the best yoke/white separator I've owned." —Ajobe
Get it from Amazon for $6.95.