We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Some may have been sent as samples, but all opinions and reviews are our own. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A charging station dock and organizer for keeping your tech gadgets in one area of your desk while charging them at the same time (thanks to cleverly placed holes at the back and sides — built-in cable management!). You can stash your closed laptop in this when the work day is over, plus any tablets or phones you keep at your desk.
Promising review: "It is so simple. It required no setup and the magnets that hold the bottom compartment on are strong. I literally did zero work for this product to help me out so much in my everyday life. It clears up my desk clutter and charges my electronics. Plus, it looks and feels quality for the price without paying a huge amount for such a simple concept. I use an iPad air, an iPhone 6s, and an iPhone 7. Because I work from home, my work and personal electronic have to mix but stay organized. This holds them all. I don't have a problem with it not holding phones or anything like others have mentioned." —Rachel R
Get it from Amazon for $39.99+ (available in two finishes and three styles).
2. And a genius cord box to hide your power strip while offering a way to store excess cable and thread each one through individual slots at the top so they don't become a tangle mess on your desk or floor. This can work in tandem with the charging station above (it's from the same brand) or on its own if you're tired of your power strip being an eyesore.
BuzzFeed Shopping editor Daniel Boan says, "When Great Useful Stuff sent this to me for review, I thought it would simply be a cute way to keep my chargers from falling under my desk and becoming impossible to find, but I didn't realize how it would basically transform my space. As you can see above, I had a wildly unacceptable pile of wires on my floor that was becoming so big I almost started asking it to chip in for rent. When the box arrived, I untangled the cords, placed my power strip in the bottom of the box, then threaded the wires through the holes at the top (it also comes with magnetic attachments for looping excess length in the wires, but I didn't even need to use those). Now my cords are cleverly concealed and so much easier to manage — which makes me feel like I ever so slightly have my life together. I said slightly."
Get it from Amazon for $69.99.
3. A clever desk organizer set designed with a magnetic wooden base — you can rearrange its six storage compartments as desired to store your various office supplies and phone without being locked into one setup. Bonus: It has nonslip rubber feet so it won't slide around your desk.
It's got four cups (two tall, one medium, and one small), a phone stand, and a sticky note tray.
The Office Oasis is a small business founded by a wife-and-husband duo who set out to create innovative office items that look *and* feel good.
Promising review: "I bought this product for my office at work. I wanted to purchase something that looked more professional than other products, and this one really caught my eye. But I have to admit the big selling point is the customization factor. There are countless options that can be configured. I'm someone who likes to mix up their office space every couple of months to keep things fresh, and this organizer is the perfect addition for me. I was actually able to use my phone while it was on the organizer thanks to the great sticky pads that came with the product that you can place on the bottom. This thing really isn't going anywhere. Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase. The magnets are just strong enough, the customization is there, the rubber pads keep it all in place, and it looks great!" —One of those IT guys
Get it from Amazon for $29.95 (available in three colors).
4. A pretty pastel expanding file folder for keeping all those papers scattered across your desk nice and organized without being an eyesore like those plain beige folders. It can hold between 150 and 200 sheets of paper!
Promising review: "This is such a great folder, whether you are preparing for a job interview, storing files at home, organizing your work or home office, or using it for classes. I love the color choices and the size. I can easily slip it into my tote bag and it keeps me organized and looks professional." —Pammie
Get it from Amazon for $8.98 (available in 10 colors).
5. Or a game-changing hanging wall organizer you can hang just to the side of your desk for organizing all your papers into color-coded sections — the colored folders are slightly transparent so you can see what's inside.
Each folder can hold up to 25 sheets and the whole thing can be collapsed and secured with the attached cord for easy transport — which is *so* convenient if you're working a hybrid office-WFH schedule. It even comes with blank stickers for labeling the tabs. (Check out BuzzFeed's full write-up on this organizer for more deets on how helpful it is!)
Promising review: "It’s very nice and organized, I love it. I needed to make room on my desk and this helped a lot. I was gonna use hooks to hang it up but after feeling the weight of it with all the papers in it (plus my cats eyeing it curiously), I decided to use nails instead. Holds up well so far and I hang my ID badge from it to grab on my way out hehe. I like the size and that it doesn’t take up a lot of space. Very happy with it, was excitedly waiting for it." —Elizabeth Lopez Corrales
Get it from Amazon for $10.10+ (available in four colors).
6. Some adjustable shelves to house both your office supplies and decor and help you tidy up that cluttered desk. It's instant organization that you get to appreciate visually every single day, and the adjustability means you can always switch up your setup to keep things fresh!
The shelves come in two separate parts that can be arranged close together or spread further apart, depending on what you need! Some reviewers even picked up multiple of these to build a bigger shelving unit on their desk [pictured above right].
Promising review: "Absolutely love this shelving. I’ve been working from home since the pandemic hit and I went from a huge office to a nook in the corner of our sitting room with no shelving or filing cabinets. The clutter on my desk was driving me nuts. Finally found what I was looking for: a place for my little knickknacks and pictures and my notepads/mail/important papers. Building it was pretty easy, although I did need to turn a piece around, but took less than 15 to put together. Makes my organizing heart happy." —bdeleone
Get them from Amazon for $25.99 (available in four colors).
7. Cute storage crates if your desk drawers or shelves could use some serious tidying up. These let you get it done in the cutest possible way, with six different colors and three sizes available so you can really customize the look and have fun with your organization. They also stack!
Promising reviews: "I got the small, which is perfect for little things laying around. I really like it and will be getting another one to have a set. The best part is if you don't need it, you can easily fold it and store it away. Really cool idea." —mc97
"These are such great organizers! good quality and I love the colors, perfect for produce or organizing my vitamins." —kaleeeeeeee
Get it from Urban Outfitters for $6+ (available in three sizes and colors).
8. Or a set of clear, stackable trays so you can *finally* organize the mess inside your desk drawers and keep your pens separate from your Post-its. Because digging around to find the specific thing you're looking for only makes things messier!
In the six-piece set you'll get two 3"x3" bins, two 6"x3" bins, and two 9"x3" bins.
Promising review: "I loved these so much, I ended up purchasing another set. They're great to help keep my makeup drawer super organized and clean as well as my desk area. I find that working from home, by the end of the day my desk is a mess, so these little containers really help keep small items together and keep my desk looking sooo much better. They seem pretty durable, and hope they last a long time." —Evelin N.P
Get a six-piece set from Amazon for $14.99.
9. A slim laptop stand because the extra space it'll give you underneath will come in clutch for storing papers, notebooks, or even a keyboard underneath. Plus, the opening in the back lets you thread your cables through to help keep things organized, and lifting your laptop up to eye level is better for the overall ergonomics of your setup.
This stand fits any laptop from 10 to 15.6 inches and can be easily disassembled into three parts for easy transportation. It's recommended to pair this with a keyboard rather than trying to type on your laptop directly while in the stand!
Promising reviews: "This has helped my neck pain and workflow. I'm used to working in an office with monitors and this made a big difference in my work from home experience by putting my screen at a comfortable eye level. The material is good quality, feels sturdy, and was simple to assemble. It comes in three pieces and is intuitive to put together without looking at directions. There are pads on the top to keep your laptop from sliding. I'm using it with a 15-inch laptop and it's a good fit. I did get a wireless keyboard to use with it, which I would recommend. If you were to try to type on your laptop keyboard with this, it would be uncomfortable. I bought it for the ergonomics, but as a bonus I am liking how it helps me keep my desk organized with the extra space beneath. Great product!" —M
Get it from Amazon for $28.99+ (available in 10 colors).
10. A pack of adhesive cable clips that'll straighten out that mess of cords tangled behind your computer that you've been trying very hard not to think about. These come with adhesive to secure them to your desk, making installation easy as pie.
11. Or a set of gold cable organizers if you're looking for a certain ~aesthetic~ — they get the same job done, just with an extra dash of bling and sophistication.
Brighttia is a Brooklyn, New York-based Etsy shop established in 2018 that specializes in industrial and modern interior lighting and decor.
Promising review: "These brass cable organizers are beautiful and high quality. I’m using two of them to keep a plug-in sconce cord attached to the wall and to direct the cord to the electrical outlet. These little gold pieces add a touch of functionality and glamour to the sconces. Exactly what I was looking for." —Amy Margolis
12. And brilliant cable raceways that attach adhesively behind your desk so you don't have a bunch of cords just hanging down beneath — these slim raceways allow you to direct the cables toward your power source while completely hidden from view so you can basically forget they're there when you sit down to work.
Promising review: "I have two complete computer setups in my home office, including a total of four monitors, a printer, a vinyl cutter, and a sewing machine. To say that I was in desperate need of cord management and camouflage was an understatement. I only needed three of these (out of the six in the pack) to strategically guide and hide all of my cords. The price is great. The product is amazing. I actually have no concern about the adhesive holding out. The plastic is super durable while still being flexible enough to get your cords in. If you are looking for a simple solution that will last forever, get these!" —Keri Stucker
Get a pack of six from Amazon for $18.97+ (available in five colors and also in packs of 12 and 24).
13. A spinning organizer because not only will it store and keep all your pens, highlighters, and other desk accessories easily accessible; you'll also be able to spin and spin...and keep spinning it when you need to zone out for a few minutes.
Promising review: "Totally love this. It arrived on time and I was not expecting it to be so big. I love the fact that it rotates. I have another desk organizer but I always had a hard time finding a pen or highlighter. This little jewel solved that problem. The price was excellent and the quality of the product is awesome. There is so much room!" —kittylover
Get it from Amazon for $12.47+ (available in two colors).
14. An under-desk four-tray file organizer if your desk's drawer space is ✨ nonexistent ✨ so you need to make room for all your files and papers without taking up space on top. The flat hanging plate means you can still place other things on top of it for maximum space usage!
Promising review: "I have a computer table with no drawers or shelves and no place to put them. Love this product — it's easily installed on the side of my computer table and keeps my papers and supplies organized within reach and out of sight; mostly it keeps my workspace clear. There is a way to tighten it to the desk or table, but I haven't used it, I just slid it onto my desk and voila! Instant neatness. <3!" —Codergurl
Get it from Amazon for $44.33.
15. A monitor stand riser to set your monitor at an ideal ergonomic height while *also* freeing up space underneath for storing your laptop and other things! This one has multiple shallow slots for you to stash items like pens, clips, sticky notes, and a cup so they're not taking up precious surface area (and at risk of being knocked over).
The weight capacity is 80 pounds, so yes, it is sturdy enough to support your monitor and MORE belongings!
Promising review: "This monitor stand is AWESOME! I'm a person who likes lots of places to store things. Pockets, organizers, drawers, I have way too much crap, and way too many places to store it all. But this stand keeps my actual desktop really well organized. I get a few desk items to keep on-hand so that everything else can go in the drawer organizer I have, and my desk can be clean. It blends well with my natural-wood/weathered-oak desk. It also puts my monitor at a great height. I'm actually looking at the screen instead of up or down." —Victoria Horger
Get it from Amazon for $17.31+ (available in three finishes).
16. Or a compact storage shelf if you don't need to raise your monitor — you can still push your keyboard and mouse under it when not in use, and take advantage of all the helpful cutouts on top for stashing small items, including a holder for your morning cup of Joe.
It's long enough to fit a full-size keyboard!
Promising review: "I tend to keep a lot of little knick-knacks and office items all over my desk, and this little stand is perfect for organizing and getting all the clutter up off of your desk. I wasn’t sure if I would use the coffee mug section, but I find myself using it every day! It’s not super heavy but it doesn’t really need to be, and it holds my big oversized mug just fine." —Ruby
Get it from Amazon for $20.98.
17. A transparent monitor attachment so you can organize the Post-it notes currently taking over your desk — with this, you can keep them neatly visible next to your monitor for easy reference! It has a built-in stand at the bottom for holding your phone with a hole for a charger to pass through.
Each of the attachment has a sticky film that's strong enough to adhere it to your monitor, but easy enough to remove that it won't damage it.
Promising review: "I have 568 stickies on any given and this is exactly what I needed to keep myself organized. They came packaged nicely, no cracks or scratches, and was easy to adhere. The adhesive is awesome. It's not going anywhere!!! I recommend this to anyone like me who needs a cool place for their notes. You will be the envy of your coworkers!" —Mason's Mom
Get it from Amazon for $9.99+ (available in three styles, including with or without phone holder).
18. And an adhesive monitor clip for holding larger papers and keeping them organized. This handy clip can hold up to 30 sheets at once so you can easily reference while typing, especially handy for note-taking and data entry.
Promising review: "Not much to say about this little guy, which is good. It holds paper for you so you don't have to hold it yourself while you type. It is pretty durable for what it is, shouldn't break unless mishandled. It has a front 'slit' that you can just slide paper up into it and it holds, then if you want to hold more paper or something heavier you can open up the clip and clamp down on quite a few pages. It is pretty much a universal fit because it has strong double-sided adhesive that will mount to any flat surface. Transforms my desk from a cluttered mess to a somewhat organized but vertical paper-y mess. It even comes with a pull tab to easily remove the adhesive if you want to take it off (I am presuming, have not tried removing it yet)." —UnseenGuardian
Get it from Amazon for $11.29.
19. A headphones hanger you can attach underneath, to the side of, or above your desk, depending on your setup — this gets your headphones off your desktop and onto a dedicated storage spot where they'll *always* be next time you need them. Reviewers love this one for its versatility (you can place it wherever you have hanging room) and easy adhesive application!
Psst — this works great for hanging a purse and other items too!
Promising review: "I work from home (even pre-COVID) and have been Zooming since before it was what the cool kids did. BUT I could never find my headphones! They had no particular home in the house, and so they were always nowhere in particular. After a hectic finals week with books everywhere and work strewn everywhere, I said, 'Enough! Time to rethink my desk organization. Wouldn't it be lovely if there were such a thing as a headphones holder that could be attached to the side and my headphones could live there forever — within easy reach whenever a Zoom meeting pops onto my schedule?' The hanger came two days later. I washed the surface of the desktop shelf's side, skedaddled the backing off the adhesive and presto-stucko — my holder hung fast! Now my headphones are findable, my desk is workable, my office is livable, and I am feeling quite at ease with the world. Thank you!" —Justine Olawsky
Get it from Amazon for $10.99.
20. A sturdy under-desk keyboard tray reviewers love for its height adjustability — unlike many other keyboard trays, you can set its height to be at the most ergonomically comfortable position for typing, which helps relieve stress on your wrists and shoulders. *Plus* the tray can be slid back under your desk when not in use, providing handy out-of-sight storage for your keyboard and mouse.
Promising reviews: "My wrist was starting to bother me working from home these last seven months. This did the trick and no more pain! Way cheaper than the doctors bill and I’m comfortable now for however long I need to WFH. Plus, it freed up space on the desk for my notebook and sticky notes. Happy I discovered this and recommend." —Aimee Bryant
"I wish I'd found this one first. The best part is the adjustable height. The first one I bought was so tight to the bottom of the desk that my keyboard didn't fit. With this one, there's no issue and it's sturdy. Highly recommend!" —Adam O.
Get it from Amazon for $64.99+ (available in five colors).
21. A set of elegant matching desk accessories if you're sorely lacking in dedicated storage for your pens, notebooks, and papers — and the consistent color scheme and design will help the whole area feel neat and cohesive.
Each set includes a pen cup, mail organizer caddy, paper tray, magazine holder, business card holder, and sticky note holder.
Promising review: "I fell in love with this set the moment it came out of the box. It is sturdy, well-made and definitely worth the price. My living room is all pink and I just inherited my grandmothers writing desk so this fit in beautifully. I am a writer and like to make my writing space as inviting and lovely as possible. This desk set helps me keep my papers, mail, note pad, writing journals, and pens beautifully organized. Worth every cent." —MRS
Get it from Amazon for $35+ (available in seven colors).