32 Cheap Products With Results That'll Look Like You Paid More
Why pay the big bucks when you could just...not...
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A bottle of super-popular Bio-Oil packed with vitamins A and E, chamomile, lavender, and other natural oils for anti-inflammatory and skin-smoothing benefits. People say it's ultra-effective at reducing scars and redness and evening out skin tone, and it smells like an expensive spa treatment!
2. An oil-free, noncomedogenic Neutrogena water gel moisturizer that's basically a ~tall drink of water~ for your face. It uses hyaluronic acid to quench your skin and lock in that moisture so your face stays soft and supple all day. Reviewers say it's similar to Clinique Moisture Surge without the hefty price tag.
3. And an ultra-moisturizing hair treatment because your hair deserves to be just as hydrated as your skin! This rinse-out treatment feels like a deep-conditioning salon treatment and starts to work on your hair in just eight seconds, leaving your mane silky, shiny, and visibly healthier.
Reviewers say it tends to work best on coarse, curly, or frizzy hair.
Promising review: "I don’t usually do reviews on products, but for this one I absolutely have to. I have 3c type hair and struggle with a lot of breakage, unmanageability, and moisture. When my mom mentioned this product to me I didn’t take her seriously because of the simple fact that we have two completely different hair textures. I never would have thought this brand would work on my hair. I have always used ethnic hair products and stayed away from brands such as this one because of the alcohol in the ingredients. I have never in my 22 years felt my hair like this. I feel like I have a completely different head of hair. This product is so amazing and I will FOREVER be using this product in my hair regimen. Thank you so much!! ♥️" —Theressa Hailey
Get it from Amazon for $8.97.
4. A hair thinner and cutter to save you some money on frequent salon appointments — people swear by this little tool for everything from trimming bangs and maintaining short haircuts to styling wigs.
5. Cute little nail decals for an at-home mani that'll look so fancy, we bet no one will guess you paid less than 5 bucks.
6. A popular and affordable teeth-whitening pen so you can skip those expensive strips that can also cause uncomfortable sensitivity. You just use this pen for one minute daily and watch years of stains from coffee, wine, soda, and more slowly fade away.
7. A jewelry-cleaning brush that'll have your precious gems looking sparkling new without taking them to the jeweler. This little brush uses polished bristles and special polymers that get into all the cracks to leave your rings and other jewelry looking fit for royalty afterward!
8. A multi-purpose dermaplaning tool designed to safely exfoliate your face and remove peach fuzz if desired. It doubles as an eyebrow razor so you can shape your brows and easily remove any stray hairs. Basically, it's the cheapest way to get dermaplaning done right at home.
9. A dishwasher cleaner and disinfectant that can remove the nasty buildup inside your dishwasher that's looking so gross, you might be thinking about replacing the machine entirely.. Just add a tablet, run a normal wash cycle, and watch lime and mineral buildup disappear, leaving your dishwasher looking brand-new.
10. A L'Oréal glow-enhancing lotion to give your skin a natural, healthy-looking glow, whether worn alone, under makeup, or as a highlighter. It leaves your skin dewy without that heavy, cakey feeling *or* the high price tag — one reviewer says it's even better than Glossier Futuredew.
Promising review: "I wanted something that was sheer and fresh-looking; I do not always want the full face makeup look. This is perfect! I have a tube in my home vanity and my gym bag. It's wonderfully sheer and glowy. You can even use is as a subtle highlighter over regular foundation." —Mora10
Get it from Amazon for $7.65 (available in four shades).
11. A facial ice roller you can keep in the fridge or freezer, then take out as needed to give your face a chilled massage and reduce puffiness and under-eye circles. Basically, you can start your day feeling like you just got a pricey facial.
12. A grout pen that'll have your floors looking brand-spanking-new in no time, and without having to hire an expensive cleaning service.
13. A tin of Cirepil blue wax beads so you can handle your own waxing in the comfort of your home. It uses gentle hard wax to remove both coarse and fine hairs, and it'll leave your legs, armpits, or ~anywhere else~ you fancy waxing sooooo smooth.
This stuff is used in a lot of high-end salons, too, so this tin truly pays for itself in "trips not taken to get professional waxed."
Promising review: "Holy crap. Please listen to this review. This is the best and easiest-to-use wax I have ever tried. It dries super quickly, and when it dries it creates a vacuum seal around the hair. It does not stick to skin in the slightest and cuts the pain down by 75%. I would pay $150 dollars for this stuff because it is so good." —Amanda
Get it from Amazon for $24.99.
14. An ultra-hydrating TruSkin vitamin C serum concocted with hyaluronic acid (which locks in moisture), organic aloe vera, and vitamin E. It not only brightens and smoothens the skin; it also fades blemishes. Many reviewers say it's a worthy dupe for SkinCeuticals' pricey CE Ferulic serum.
15. Liquid matte lipstick from The Lip Bar for bold color that lasts all day without drying out your lips — or costing as much as designer brands like Pat McGrath.
16. And a just-as-cheap lip liner to help your lipstick look as good as possible by keeping it where it needs to be: on your lips.
17. Peel-and-stick wallpaper so you can upgrade your space without all the cost of hiring a professional.
18. A scratch-removing car restoration kit with a buffing pad and polish so you can touch up minor scuffs and blemishes without needing the professionals.
19. A cruelty-free brightening facial scrub that leaves your skin positively glowy thanks to Madonna lily in the ingredients, but this popular vegan formula also packs in lemon peel, French green clay, and sea kelp to cleanse and de-gunk your pores. It works so well, reviewers ditched pricier options from brands like Clinique, The Body Shop, and Rodan + Fields.
Promising reviews: "You need this face scrub. Got rid of my obvious blackheads after two to three uses. Just make sure you tone or moisturize after each use. This is much, much better than the $60 scrub I purchased last year at an expensive chain makeup store. And it was less than $8. Do it!" —WhatTheFrenchRoast
"This is by far the best facial scrub you will find, and it is cheap! I have very sensitive skin and it doesn't cause any issues. I have tried the expensive stuff and the cheap stuff and everything in between. This doesn't dry you out like most. Love it." —Lauraj883
Get it from Amazon for $8.50.
20. Acne patches made with tea tree and calendula oil so you can postpone that dermatologist appointment your wallet's not ready for. Apply one before bed or even wear it throughout the day thanks to how clear it is — it'll draw out all that pus and inflammation to leave your skin flat and clear afterward.
21. Eden BodyWorks Coconut Shea Curl Defining Creme, a medium-hold creme that gives you curls so lush and defined, you'll look like you just walked out of the salon. It's made with coconut oil, shea butter, aloe, and avocado oil to seal the moisturize in while preventing crunch or build-up.
22. Dried pampas grass that *looks* expensive but is actually a pretty cheap piece of decor you can use for a long time through all the seasons. You can switch up the look with different types of vases!
23. A powerful glycolic acid peel to give yourself the effects of a professional peel at home: softened skin, improved texture, even skin tone, and reduced visibility of fine lines and wrinkles. Just be sure to follow the instructions carefully and start slowly to avoid irritation, as the retinol in this product can make your skin more sensitive.
24. A protein treatment that deeply repairs and hydrates your hair thanks to a restorative ingredients like collagen and ceramide 3. You just apply it after shampooing, wait as little as five minutes, then rinse it out for hair that looks *and* feels silky soft. One reviewer says it's even BETTER than Olaplex (which is over three times the price!).
25. A FURemover rubber broom to get all of that built-up pet (and human) hair out of the carpets and rugs, leaving them looking as clean as the day you first unrolled them.
26. Tea light soy candles adorned with homegrown flowers and herbs like rose, lavender, and eucalyptus. These smell *amazing* according to reviewers, and they'll give your home that expensive spa feeling without paying the big bucks.
27. A 42-pack of foam curling rods to make curling your hair *so* easy — all you have to do is wrap your hair around the rods into your desired shape and size, then lay down for your nightly snooze. You'll wake up with gorgeous curls — no expensive curlers or gadgets needed.
28. An exfoliating SkinFood mask that smells absolutely incredible thanks to its mineral- and vitamin-rich blend of organic black sugar and strawberry seed oil. Tiny berry seeds and sugar act as a natural exfoliant, and when you wipe it off, your skin is left nourished and dewy-looking.
29. Sunny & Honey Carpet Miracle, a cruelty-free cleaning formula created with pet accidents in mind (though it can take care of that spilled Merlot as well. It works with basically any carpet-cleaning machine and not only lifts up stains; it also deodorizes to leave your carpet looking *and* smelling like it just got a professional clean.
It's from a family-run small business that specializes in cleaning products, especially ones for homes with pets!
Promising review: "Worth every penny. I’ve bought this product so many times now I have it on auto ship! Saw the reviews and figured I’d give it a try. My cat likes to pee over the litter box and stained the brand-new carpet. I used this in my Bissell and it took all the stain and smell out!!! I’ll never use another cleaner." —Wendy
Get it from Amazon for $16.97+ (available in two sizes).
30. A Coty setting powder that's a good dupe for Laura Mercier's $39 powder. It regulates your skin's oil product to keep your face from getting too shiny throughout the day; plus, it has a blurring effect that reduces the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and blemishes.
Promising review: "I normally use the Laura Mercier setting powder but it was getting a little pricey. I bought the translucent version of this powder, and I am so impressed. Not only is it extremely budget-friendly; you also get A LOT OF POWDER. You get over two times the product of the other more expensive ones. It’s blurring and soft, and doesn’t cause creasing even on my dry skin! There is a scent, but it smells like a rich old lady, and I’m here for it." —alice silva
Get it from Amazon for $5.72 (available in six shades).