We asked members of the BuzzFeed Community to tell us what they always travel with. Here are some of their incredibly useful suggestions:
1. A selfie stick — the best way for solo travelers to capture their important moments.
2. A power bank that can charge an iPhone up to five times and keep your layover Netflix binge going.
3. A pill case stocked with handy remedies for any situation.
4. A small trash can that straps to the back of your car seat and keeps you from stuffing door pockets with your crap.
5. A solid suitcase with four wheels so you can ~glide~ through the airport.
6. Some wrinkle-resistant and breathable clothing so you exit a long flight without feeling sweaty and miserable.
7. A pair of noise-canceling headphones to silence the dull roar of the jet engines.
8. A urination device for avoiding the dreaded public-toilet squat.
9. A pair of durable and supportive boots that also look good worn around town.
10. A travel towel that easily packs into a small bag (for unforeseen splashes).
11. Space-saving bags to make packing bulkier clothing items possible.
12. A pair of lightweight sandals for those quick on-and-off moments.
13. Packing cubes to organize the shit out of your suitcase and stop your ~unmentionables~ from being revealed.
14. A universal adapter for charging your stuff in just about any country.
15. A proper travel backpack that folds flat for easy access.
16. A small notebook to jot down names and restaurants before you forget.
17. Some sarongs — they're easy to wash and dry, and can act as a blanket or pillow in a pinch.
18. A diva cup for completely replacing your tampons, making for a better monthly ~experience~.
19. Facial towelettes for a quick refresh during a long-haul flight.
20. A can of dry shampoo to save you from using questionable hostel showers.
21. An ergonomic neck pillow that folds to half the size of a regular U-shaped one.
Make sure to follow the BuzzFeed Community on Facebook and Twitter for your chance to be featured in similar BuzzFeed posts!
The comments used in this post have been edited for length and clarity.