Some of these are great but as soon as I got to the Oreo Thins I was like “you have GOT to be kidding me!”. I can’t believe you posted items with HFCS, food dyes, carageenan and soy lecithin (to name a few).
Response to How Did You Quit Smoking Cigarettes?:
I quit cold turkey 5 years and a few months ago after being a chain smoker for 10 years. I was engaged to be married and my then-fiance told me had come to the realization that he could not make a lifelong commitment to someone who would likely die a horrible, cancerous death like both of his beloved grandfathers did due to their smoking. Also, with the possibility of children, I didn’t want to have to struggle to quit after I discovered I was pregnant. I was not willing to put my addiction bore tgose things. While I often bawled my eyes out in a corner because the quitting process was SO hard, I made it through. If I can, so can anyone. I had tried gums, patches, etc. before, but all they did was help me cut back and kept me addicted. I feel I can attribute this final success to a few things:
1. I had to want it more than I wanted to smoke. I had wanted to quit before, but I wanted to keep smoking more.
2. My faith in God, it wasn’t my own strength that resisted the cravings long term.
3. A Vicks vapor inhaler. For the first few weeks I had to focus on the physiological addiction and then planned to address the oral fixation later. Sucking on a Vicks inhaler gave me both that oral stimulation and burn in the back of my throat. I tried other items such as sunflower seeds, pen caps and peppermint sticks. Don’t use anything sugary to keep your mouth busy, the sugar makes the cravings worse!
4. The support of family and friends Staying away from triggers (like the bar and others who smoked) initially. While I was successful at quitting smoking, unfortunately I replaced it with a food addiction. I realized I would never be addiction-free without addressing some underlying psychological issues in therapy…so I am working on that now :) I also documented the first month of my Quit in hopes of inspiring others:
- jclements83 "35 Books That Will Teach You A Damn T..."
- jclements83 "16 Incredible Mansions In The UK Wher..."
- jclements83 "50 Of The Best BuzzFeed Posts From Co..."
- jclements83 "31 Of The Most Delicious Things You C..."
#7. That wood is way too large to be kindling.
- jclements83 "21 Animals Who Are Totally Nailing Th..."
- jclements83 "30 Insanely Addictive Game Apps You'v..."
- jclements83 "26 Pictures That Will Make You Re-Eva..."
- jclements83 "Kim And Kanye Throw "Kidchella" For N..."
- jclements83 ""22 Jump Street" Directors ..."
As someone who is from the north (Pittsburgh) that moved down to Atlanta, all I can say is snow and ice doesn’t bother me. The problem here is that the city government AND GDOT are NOT prepared to preemptively or otherwise deal with this amount of snow and ice. We had only a few salt trucks for the entire metro and surrounding areas only a few years ago and we haven’t gotten much else for winter road maintenance since then. The other problem is that they predicted the storm was going to roll in hours later than it did, so everyone started leaving work early and all at the same time. Even if the roads weren’t icy, the amount of traffic alone was enough to cause the gridlock. Add that, and the salt trucks we DO have can’t put anything down on the roads because of all of the cars. It’s a catch 22 and has nothing to do with the cars not driving slowly or not and the driving abilities of folks down here really isn’t an issue either except when it comes to going up hills (which we don’t have much of here, either)
- jclements83 "23 Pictures Of The One-Year Anniversa..."
- jclements83 "The Ultimate Holiday Gift Guide For Y..."
- jclements83 "26 Problems Only Anxious People Will ..."
- jclements83 "How To Find Tights That Don't Cut..."
- jclements83 "Thousands Feared Dead After Super Typ..."
- jclements83 "30 Squeaky-Clean Laundry Hacks"
- jclements83 "Fashion At The 2013 MTV Video Music A..."
- jclements83 "28 Songs That Are Guaranteed To Make ..."
- jclements83 "Edward Snowden Breaks His Silence"
- jclements83 "13 Fantasy Novels That Are Good Despi..."
- jclements83 "41 Places There Should Always Be Spri..."
- jclements83 "27 Lifehacks For Your Tiny Kitchen"
- jclements83 "50 Jaw-Dropping Examples Of Street Ar..."
- jclements83 "37 Ways to Give Your Kitchen a Deep C..."