1. Samma-Ditthi — Whole Vision
Open your vision to the nature of reality and the path of transformation.
2. Samma-Sankappa — Right Intention
Act from love and compassion with an informed heart and a feeling mind.
3. Samma-Vaca — Right Speech
Speak truthfully, and avoid slander, gossip and abusive speech.
4. Samma-Kammanta — Right Action
Behave peacefully and harmoniously, refraining from stealing, killing and sexual misconduct.
5. Samma-Ajiva — Right Livelihood
Abstain from work that causes harm, such as weapons manufacturing and sales, human trafficking, animal slaughter, and the development and dissemination of intoxicants and poison.
6. Samma-Vayama — Right Effort
Persist in your efforts to live your life in keeping with the ideals of the Noble Eightfold Path.
7. Samma-Sati — Complete Mindfulness
Remain in the present, open, quiet, and alert — contemplating and deliberate. All judgments and interpretations should be suspended to allow for complete awareness.
8. Samma-Samadhi — Whole Concentration
Concentrate on an object of attention until reaching a state of complete meditative absorption, such as through mindful breathing, engagement with visual objects, or repetition of phrases.
To attain whole concentration, one must overcome the 5 WORST Hinderances.