1. Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit (Remix by R.N.Berretta)
Ryan Berretta breathes new life into an old classic with some hard-hitting drum ‘n’ bass wrapped in his signature cinematic sound.
2. Bruce Springsteen - I’m on Fire (Cousin Cole’s Bad Desire Remix)
A great example of musical risk-taking done right, Cousin Cole’s elegant rework modernizes a Springsteen classic while still preserving the essential vibe of the song.
3. Blue Oyster Cult - Don’t Fear the Reaper (Tweezy 2012 Remix)
One of the most chill rock classics of all time — but enriched with a soul-satisfying breakbeat, courtesy of DJ Tweezy.
4. Kansas - Carry on My Wayward Son vs. Pendulum - The Island Pt. 1 & 2 (DJ Morgoth)
DJ Morgoth mashes two big tunes from very different eras into one killer track.
5. Fleetwood Mac - Dreams (Gigamesh Edit)
Gigamesh’s edit of “Dreams” feels more like an update than a remix. A smidge faster than the original and infused with richer beats and deeper bass, this track makes you want to move.
6. The Beatles vs. Daft Punk & Boy Genius - End of the Walrus (Fissunix Mashup)
It’s not sacrilege if it sounds good. Fissunix mashes the Fab Four with Daft Punk and BoyGenius into a transformative new track that works.
7. Seals & Crofts - Summer Breeze (Aphrodite Remix)
One of rock ‘n’ roll’s sweetest love songs gets a DnB makeover that stands the test of time. A classic in its own right, this track is just one example why Aphrodite is a master of his craft.
8. Aerosmith – Dream On (Griz Remix)
While Stephen Tyler has certainly gotten his share of facelifts over the years, “Dream On” gets a dose of facemelt in this dubstep remix by Griz.
9. Led Zeppelin - Babe, I’m Gonna Leave You (Quivver Remix)
It’s hard to discuss great remixes of classic rock tunes without including Quivver’s hugely popular remix of “Babe I’m Gonna Leave you.” The combination of Robert Plant’s vocals over a driving, progressive house groove is haunting, evocative — and dancey.
10. Beach Boys - Good Vibrations (Stanton Warriors Remix)
Okay, okay, the Beach Boys are very arguably not classic rock, but the Stantons’ remix of “Good Vibrations” is a musical feat.
11. Bonus Beats: DJ Sharted’s “Rock -N- Roll!” Mix
Though not a single remix, this set is definitely worth a listen if you’re looking for an electronic tribute to rock ‘n’ roll. Weaving together breaks and house, Sharted drops some serious rock remixes, all of which could claim a rightful spot on this list.
This list is by no means exhaustive. What are your favorite classic rock remixes?
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- The Dakota Access Pipeline will no longer cross the Standing Rock Sioux reservation, a major victory for protesters.
- The death toll from Oakland's warehouse party fire has risen to 30. "We're still not done," a police official said Sunday afternoon.
- The far-right candidate in Austria's election has lost the presidential race in a defeat for the global populist movement.
- Instead of ornaments, a woman decorated her Christmas tree with paper angels honoring the biggest stars who died in 2016 🎄