2. The nostalgia
Admit it. The best part about coming home from a long day of classes was to catch up with the latest episode of Digimon, along with other after-school favorites like Pokemon and Sailor Moon. I can’t be the only one. How else could Digimon reach the top of the Nielsen charts?
3. You don’t have to study a “foreign” language.
There’s no need to strain your brain wondering what “Pika pikapika pikachu!” means because digimon can speak human language. With the money you save from not buying a Digimon-English dictionary, you could splurge on 4 extra-value meals or 12 boxes of ramen noodles.
4. Digimon isn’t just another consumerism ploy in disguise.
Yes, like a lot of other shows, Digimon has their line of video games, cards, and collectibles, but the show doesn’t emphasize on the material goods. You don’t have to buy a thousand cards, spinning tops, or action figures to feel like a true fan.
6. Digimon can go back and forth in between levels.
Unlike Pokemon, Digimon can evolve (aka digivolve) and switch between their rookie to mega forms. Once Pikachu evolves to Raichu, there’s no turning back, but digimon don’t have to worry about staying in a certain form permanently.
9. You get to hear a lot of familiar voices.
They might have played some of your favorite characters in other shows, why not check the voice actors’ work in Digimon?
13. The deleted scenes.
A cougar picks up a young, blond hottie. No, it’s not a trashy novel. It’s what happens when a bunch of kids try to hitchhike back home. This isn’t the only questionable scene, but you won’t find them in the US version of the show. Thanks to the internet, you can watch these scenes unfold in another language dub or the original Japanese.
Of course, these are only several of the reasons why Digimon is awesome.
The list could go on and on, but if you don’t believe it, check Digimon out for yourself. Dub or no dub, Digimon is an action-packed show suitable for all ages. It has its mature and serious for adults, yet it’s upbeat enough to keep the kids entertained. So what are you waiting for? Watch Digimon on your TV set, your laptop, or buy the DVD box sets if you want. Don’t knock it till you try it!
- Donald Trump's campaign chief Stephen Bannon said "he doesn't like Jews," according to his ex-wife.
- Federal health officials have called for nationwide testing of all blood donations for the Zika virus.
- The judge under fire for his sentencing of former Stanford Swimmer Brock Turner also went easy on another student athlete.