1. No cell phone signal anywhere, anytime, ever.
2. And forget getting decent reception on cable TV.
3. You only have one chain restaurant in town and it's probably a Dairy Queen.
4. The local "news" is less than exciting.
5. Dating options are limited.
6. This is the biggest store in town.
7. When you venture in to a city no one seems to understand your country lingo.
8. Having to drive the next county over to get beer because yours is "dry."
9. You town only had one barber, doctor, post office, or dentist.
10. Some of your friends on views various issues are a little outdated.
11. You had to check someone's extended family history before dating them.
12. You are always referred to by adults as [your father's or mother's name's] boy/girl.
13. Football games were your only social option on a Friday night.
14. You literally have to drive everywhere.
15. Nothing is.....
16. Rumors, hearsay, and gossip travel faster than lighting.
17. No local police department meant the local sheriffs took their jobs way too seriously.
18. Cruising was a the go-to social event for teens.
19. Along with loitering.
20. Distance to a major city was measured in hours.
21. Going shopping meant driving at least 30 minutes to Walmart in the next town over.
22. Telling someone where you're from is next to impossible.
23. No matter how much you thought it sucked you really missed it once you left.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!