1. The fictional town of Bon Temps is based on the real city of Clifton, Louisiana.
2. You can actually buy the True Blood drink online. (It tastes like orange soda, not blood.)
3. Anna Paquin, who plays Sookie Stackhouse, received an Oscar for her role in The Piano. She was 11 years old.
4. The actors who play Sookie Stackhouse (Anna Paquin) and Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer) are married in real life.
5. Alexander Skarsgård, who plays Eric Northman, played one of Derek Zoolander’s modeling friends in the movie Zoolander.
8. Joe Manganiello, who plays Alcide Herveaux, used to get paid $25 a week to dress up like Captain Morgan at bars.
9. All the scenes filmed at the bar Fangtasia are actually filmed at Alex’s Bar in Long Beach, Calif.
10. The series has its own porn parody.
11. Sam Merlotte, played by Sam Tramell, is the only member of the cast who is actually from Louisiana.
12. He also plays the father in The Fault in Our Stars.
13. Most of the main cast members do not have a genuine Southern accent.
14. Unlike the show, it is illegal for humans to marry vampires in the book series.
15. Michael Raymond-James, who plays René Lenier, paid money out of his own pocket to hire a dialect coach to master a Cajun accent.
16. The actor who plays Jason Stackhouse (Ryan Kwnaten) once accidentally left his bike in Steven Spielberg’s parking space before a meeting for a role. He did not get the part.
17. The actress who plays Pam De Beaufort (Kristin Bauer van Straten) was Gillian, or the woman with man hands, on Seinfeld’s “The Bizzaro Jerry” episode.
18. Deborah Ann Woll, who plays Jessica, actually does not have red hair. She’s a natural blonde and has been dyeing it red since she was 14.
19. Each episode title is also the title of a song from pop or Christian music.
20. Alexander Skarsgård was once enlisted in the Swedish navy.
21. Charlaine Harris, the author of the books True Blood is based on, made a cameo appearance in the Season 2 finale.
22. The town name of Bon Temps was taken from the French saying “Laissez les bons temps rouler!” It means “Let the good times roll!”
23. Godric, played by Allan Hyde, is a teenager in the novels.
24. Born in 1835, Bill Compton is currently 179 years old.
25. Since silver hurts vampires, all of Russell Edgington’s (Denis O’Hare) flatware is made out of gold.
26. The actor who plays Lafayette (Nelsan Ellis) wrote an award-winning play about domestic violence when he was a student at Julliard.
27. Lauren Bowles, who plays Holly Cleary, is the real life half-sister of Julia Louis-Dreyfus.
28. Tara Thornton was originally played by actress Brook Kerr. Rutina Wesley replaced her after two episodes were filmed. All of Kerr’s scenes were re-shot.
29. Anna Paquin is bisexual and highly involved in supporting LGBT causes.
30. Contrary to most vampire lore, vampires in True Blood are able see their own shadows, and appear in photographs.
34. Kristin Bauer van Straten practices reciting her Swedish lines hundreds of times so she can get them right on the show.
35. Jessica’s (Deborah Ann Woll) real-life boyfriend Edward Scott suffers from choroideremia, which ultimately results in blindness. She uses her fame to spread awareness about the disease.
36. Snoop Dogg has a crush on Sookie Stackhouse, and he even made a video about it.
40. Tara Thornton only plays a minor role in the books, but is Sookie’s best friend in the TV series.
41. Stephen Moyer voices the vampire Jared on the Disney Channel’s Phineas and Ferb.
42. The effects staff made a version of drinkable carb-free prop blood at the request of a cast member.
43. Alexander Skarsgård got naked and exposed himself to the elements during an expedition to the South Pole in 2013.
44. Stephen Moyer is so protective of his prosthetic fangs that they are insured and washed daily.
45. Some of the makeup for the vampire characters takes the makeup artists up to five hours to apply.
46. There is a Tumblr page strictly dedicated to turning True Blood cast members into Sims characters.
47. Anna Paquin is actually a brunette. She dyes her hair blonde for the show.
48. The people of Waterford Crystal like True Blood so much that they loan out pieces to the show to use as props.
49. Queen Sophie’s mansion for the show is located in Malibu, Calif., and is on the market for $34 million.
50. The house that is used for Russell Edgington’s mansion is a registered historical landmark, and was built before the Civil War.
51. The show sponsors blood drives whenever it participates in Comic-Con.
52. In March 2014, Joe Manganiello made an appearance on WWE’s Monday Night Raw and roughed up career wrestler The Miz.
53. The meat statue is Season 2, Episode 12 was real. It cost $500 to make, and the rotting smell was authentic.
54. This is what Joe Manganiello looked like as a teenager: