2. Whataburger has a secret menu.
It includes a chicken and pancakes combination, and used to feature a drink called the Hulk (a concoction consisting of Powerade and Vault soda). This is due to the restaurant’s almost limitless options for customizing orders.
4. The numbers that come with each dine-in Whataburger meal are a tribute to the company’s original A-frame design.
8. It is also one of the only fast food restaurants to sell its ketchup in grocery stores.
11. Whatburger has its own version of the Olympics, called “Whatagames.”
Various Whataburger teams compete in different events involving operations, corporate history, and customer service.
15. Whataburger allows horses in the parking lot and drive-thru.
17. On Valentine’s Day 1996, 24 couples got married at a Whataburger in Dallas.
18. One couple loved the restaurant so much they had a Whataburger themed wedding.
20. Founder Harmon Dobson had quite an eventful life before he started the company.
He supervised construction of military facilities in North Africa, was friends with the ruling family of Bahrain, taught himself how to fly a plane, and ran a diamond mining business in South America.
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- Geologists say they've discovered an eighth continent beneath New Zealand. "Zealandia" is 94% submerged underwater 🔎🌍
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat and the exchange was ~confusing~.