This is James Rodríguez.
Pronounced like HAHM-ess, not jeymz.
He’s the star attacking midfielder for the Colombian National Team.
He’s good at putting it between the posts.
Actually really, really good.
But there are so many reasons to love him.
2. He’s actually one the team’s go-to dancers.
6. Because he enjoys paying tribute to Colombia’s famed marimonda.
8. Because he has some very famous fans.
13. Because he’s also extremely devoted to his younger fans.
14. He visits them in hospitals.
15. Always poses for photo ops.
16. And he loves giving them memorabilia.
19. Because even famous Colombian footballer Carlos Valderrama is a fan.
23. Because he’s really, really popular right now.
24. Because he’s been doing it big since he was a kid.
25. Most importantly, because he is leading a team that is even better than the famed 1994 squad.
So, if you’re not a fan yet be sure to remember his name.
Because you’ll be dancing to it later.
- Today's the final day of the Democratic National Convention — Hillary Clinton is preparing for the biggest night of her life 🇺🇸
- Plotters of Turkey's failed coup were unhappy with the government's attempt to make peace with Kurdish separatist rebels, a document obtained by BuzzFeed News shows.
- More than 29,000 people have signed a petition for British scientists to keep access to EU projects after Brexit.