3. But he also has many talents outside of soccer…
I wonder what those could be?
4. They also have aggressive midfielder Meireles. This is his last World Cup so he will be terrorizing the pitch.
You know, the one with the beard?
5. But all hope ultimately lies in goalkeeper Rui Patricio.
Penalties have been deal breakers for Portugal in recent years. The performance of man guarding the posts will be critical.
13. They have a storied past, but have never won the ultimate prize.
The best finish they’ve had was third in 1966.
14. But to the fans this year’s squad is a team of destiny.
At no other point in their history have they been so poised to win it all. Ranked 4th in FIFA standings, and have one of the world’s greatest players on their roster the odds are in their favor.
Oh, and in case you needed another reason to cheer for Portugal here’s a pic of Cristiano Ronaldo shirtless.
- More than 100 people are reportedly injured after a commuter train crashed into a New Jersey Transit station in Hoboken on Thursday morning.
- Fans of Donald Trump say Bill Clinton's past indiscretions are fair game at the next debate.
- Asos workers at the heart of its global retail empire say they're being treated like machines to deliver fast fashion.