3. But he also has many talents outside of soccer…
I wonder what those could be?
4. They also have aggressive midfielder Meireles. This is his last World Cup so he will be terrorizing the pitch.
You know, the one with the beard?
5. But all hope ultimately lies in goalkeeper Rui Patricio.
Penalties have been deal breakers for Portugal in recent years. The performance of man guarding the posts will be critical.
13. They have a storied past, but have never won the ultimate prize.
The best finish they’ve had was third in 1966.
14. But to the fans this year’s squad is a team of destiny.
At no other point in their history have they been so poised to win it all. Ranked 4th in FIFA standings, and have one of the world’s greatest players on their roster the odds are in their favor.
Oh, and in case you needed another reason to cheer for Portugal here’s a pic of Cristiano Ronaldo shirtless.
- The Clinton campaign is trying to stop television stations from running a pro-Trump ad featuring Michelle Obama.
- A federal jury cleared the leaders of an Oregon standoff. The militia group took over a wildlife refuge last January.
- An airplane carrying Republican VP candidate Mike Pence skidded off the runway at New York City's LaGuardia airport. No one was injured.
- RIP — Vine says it's discontinuing its mobile app, effectively ending the 6-second video service 💀