1. This is 34-year-old Todd Herres and 38-year-old Eva Alice Webb of Olympia, Washington. They have been dating for nine months and are very much in love.
2. Herres told BuzzFeed that Webb has had a particularly rough go in life, but she always manages to be an incredibly supportive mother and partner.
4. Accompanying the photo was the story behind it. It reads:
My 38-year-old girlfriend just started her second quarter of college. She’s raised two kids, 15 and 10, on her own, has piss all parents and was the victim in not one, but two domestic violence cases.
This is how I found her tonight. I’m so proud of this woman I could burst. We went wedding ring shopping earlier today and I think I’m ready to make the best decision of my life.
8. Herres says he didn’t expect the photo to go viral. He just wanted to show Webb how much he appreciates her.
“She supports me like no other person has and I thought by posting this I could let her know just how amazing she is and how much I appreciate her as well as how proud I am that she is able to go back to college after having not been in school for 20 years.”
9. He added that her recogntion is well-deserved. “I just think she’s an amazing person that has overcome a lot of adversity and deserves some recognition,” he said.
- Donald Trump broke with decades of US policy by speaking with the president of Taiwan Friday, a move that could anger China.
- A jury failed to reach a verdict Friday in the case of Michael Slager, a former South Carolina officer charged in the fatal shooting of Walter Scott.
- The CEO of Zenefits plans to step down after 10 months on the job. A legal mess nearly sank the company this year.
- A UFC fighter is asking people to crush apples with their bare hands 🍎💪