24 Things That'll Help You Wear Your Shoes For A Long, Long Time
Who knew your leather combat boots could once again look so clean and shiny?
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. This pack of suede heel grips to not only prevent existing blisters from getting worse, but to also help prevent the backs of your shoes from getting bloodied up when the unprotected shoe backs scrape against your skin.
2. This bottle of Pink Miracle Shoe Cleaner if you've tried everything and think there's no hope for the shoes that have been so dirty for too long. With just a few drops and some scrubbing, this stuff'll clean dirt off of shoes made of suede, leather, vinyl, nubuck, and canvas.
3. A pack of natural charcoal deodorizers to neutralize smelly shoes that you were considering throwing out since you can't walk by without inhaling the funk from your worn-out sneakers.
4. A pack of heel stoppers that'll protect your stilettos from getting ruined from sinking into grass or other not-so-smooth surfaces. Plus, they can help you avoid slipping through cracks and hurting your ankle.
5. This boot-fix glue because we all wear our coziest combat boots to the point where they're falling apart at the front. This glue will dry nearly instantly and won't expand when it hardens. The dried glue also stands up to heat, cold, and moisture.
6. A 24-pocket over-the-door organizer so you can protect your shoes from accumulating dust and cobwebs when you just chuck them under your bed for storage. Plus, this hangs on the back of your door so you can keep your shoes from taking up floor space!
7. This water repellent spray to help your boots and sneakers survive even the rainiest, snowiest days. FYI, it goes on clear and dries quickly, and it'll also help repel mud, ice, and other stains. So now you won't impulsively toss your water stained shoes after being caught in a particularly treacherous downpour.
8. These Ugg boot insoles so you can turn the insides of your heavily worn shoes turn into a cloud of soft wool. You can also replace the worn-down insoles on the Uggs you've had since high school. Your feet might think you just bought a new pair!
9. A pack of bright shoelaces to replace the dingy laces on the shoes you've worn every single day for the last three years. They'll simply make your old shoes feel like brand-new ones.
10. And an Ugg shoe care kit because you've probably forgotten what your boots look like without all the stains, water marks, and dust.
11. These scented sneaker balls for when your favorite workout shoes just smell like you washed them in a bucket of sweat — and everyone at home keeps telling you to hurry up and get new sneakers already.
12. A waterproof nylon shoe bag that'll keep your favorite kicks safely tucked away so they remain free of scuffs and scrapes during the trips you'll take in the future. These will also prevent your shoes from collecting dust when you aren't using them.
13. This jar of colored shoe polish to breathe new life into your super old leather shoes and make them look vibrant again. Turns out, they can still look like they have another three years left.
14. A shoe laundry bag because you're a little hesitant to throw your dirty shoes in the washer to clean them (but they're just soooooo gunked up so you must!). Each bag contains fluffy fibers inside to gently scrub your shoes and work as a buffer to prevent them from banging around in the washer.
15. And a sneaker dryer bag with elastic straps to secure the bag (with your shoes inside) to the door of your dryer. Your shoes will dry when you close the door and start your dryer, but you won't have to worry about them tumbling around in there!
16. These rhinestone shoe clips if you're seriously considering swapping out your plain flats for a more glitzy pair. This'll make them go from basic to basically unrecognizable in an instant.
17. A replacement heel cap kit because you still love your pumps dearly, but you don't love the damage they've taken on over the years. Now, you don't have to toss them! Just switch out any damaged heel ends. The kit comes with 25 pairs of heel caps in different sizes and one pair of pliers to remove the caps from the pumps.
18. This pack of fabric markers so you can turn your old sneaks into a totally personalized pair that'll feel like new.
19. A suede and nubuck cleaning kit to erase the evidence of all those times you wore suede boots when you knew there was a good chance that would be the day you messed them up (like wearing suede shoes despite a rainy day and having to step through muddy rainwater).
20. This electric shoe shine kit because your snow boots and combat boots have definitely seen better days, but can be saved with a good cleaning.
21. A waterproofing spray for when you've already made the mistake of wearing your Uggs on a rainy day about five times too many, but you don't want to ruin them even more. This spray protects leather and suede, and can work on hats, jackets, bags, and more.
22. These boot stuffers that'll keep your favorite riding boots upright until you're ready to wear them. When they sag, they end up creasing. Plus, if you're just tossing your boots in a pile in your closet, they're getting bent and scuffed-up!
23. A set of nonslip sole protectors so you can wear your favorite traction-less boots and flats for many years to come without worrying about sliding across slippery surfaces.
24. And, these shoe inserts because they're sturdy yet comfortable enough to deliver support to the balls of your feet, your heels, and your arches. No need to give away the shoes you thought you couldn't keep wearing because their support flattened out!
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.