31 Things Designed To Help You Kill As Much Time As Possible
Get ready to watch the minutes tick by one puzzle piece at a time.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A basic chess set for challenging your housemates to the ultimate game of strategy — if you've got some reaaaally good chess players living under your roof, you might have to volley back and forth for hours before someone finally wins.
3. A 1,000-piece puzzle that's sure to keep you *planted* in your seat all afternoon (and maybe the afternoon after that, and the afternoon after that).
4. A Lego set inspired by Friends so you can bring the Central Perk cafe right into your living room. The set includes 1,070 pieces(!!!) so good luck trying to put the whole thing together in just two hours or less.
5. This world map tablecloth that's actually missing a little something...COLOR! It's designed to allow your family (or you by yourself) to bring the world to life through markers. It might take you hours to finish it, and when you're done you can pop it in the washer and start all over again.
6. A paint-by-numbers kit so you can spend all of your precious time becoming an artist. By the time you're done, you'll wonder how the heck it's nighttime already.
7. This beginner embroidery kit because it might actually take you some time to learn and get used to stitching your own beautiful works of art (but it'll be ~totally~ worth it!). Just go at your own pace and really enjoy the process!
8. A box set featuring the white collection for the Twilight saga — you might've read (and loved) the books already when you were in high school so why not spend your week revisiting the terrifyingly exciting world of Bella Swan?
9. This DIY mechanical safe kit so you can build your own really cool moving, working safe for storing some of your prized possessions. I just hope you're up for the challenge of spending every ounce of free time you have on putting this together — it contains 179 pieces.
10. A 500-piece Baby Yoda puzzle that may look like a piece of cake but once you begin putting together the Mandalorian, you might start scratching your head.
11. And a Harry Potter-inspired string art kit because it'll look sooooo cool and intricate once you're finally done looping all the strings across the nails. Not even Hermione has a spell that can help you get this done in less than 30 minutes.
12. This book of Sherlock Holmes puzzles you'll be pouring over for hours trying to crack the correct answers.
13. Or a book filled with crossword puzzles from the Sunday New York Times because they only get harder and harder as the week progresses, and the Sunday puzzles are practically boss level.
14. This Tower of Hanoi puzzle — the goal is to completely move all the disks to another rod without ever placing a larger disk on top of a smaller disk. It's actually trickier than it looks!
15. A cheese-making kit bound to have you in the kitchen whipping up your own delicious dairy creations all morning. You can use this kit to make six different types of cheeses, so you're bound to have endless hours of fun.
16. Aaaand, this DIY lighthouse kit so you can spend the afternoon constructing and painting your very own wooden lighthouse to ~light the way~ for a boredom-free day.
17. This journal with 300 writing prompts ranging from things like "Write about a moment when you felt proud of yourself" to "Describe your ultimate sandwich." Once you get into the zone of writing, you'll fly through prompt after prompt.
18. A beginner's guide to calligraphy that is far more thorough and specific about technique and ink types than other versions. It'll have you sitting there all night with your pen in hand practicing until your letters look practically typed out.
19. This pack of colorful embroidery floss so you can start braiding your own friendship bracelets. Trust me, you'll be sitting in front of the TV for HOURS knotting one pattern after the other.
20. A wooden birdhouse-lantern hybrid kit because it's pretty much the ultimate DIY project. You'll put together the wooden and glass pieces and add lights and even bird seeds to end up with 1) a cute piece of outdoor decor, 2) a bird feeder for the feathered friends who wanna stop by for lunch, and 3) a lantern that'll give your yard a warm glow at night. Get ready to reaaaally take your time on this project.
21. This "Hunt A Killer" mystery box that'll let you put on your detective's cap and spend your time rifling through the evidence to help solve a fictional cold case.
22. Or this fun and beautiful board game where you grow trees and compete to earn the most point based on how much sunlight you can garner for your little forest. It's more time-consuming than it looks since you'll have to grow more and more trees and the "sun" rotates around the board so you'll need to strategize the best possible way to harness those sweet, sweet rays.
24. This soapstone carving kit so you can use soapstone, sanding paper, and some wax to create a wolf and bear figurine that'll end up looking so cool that you'll congratulate yourself for an evening well spent.
25. A game called the 5-Second Rule because it challenges you to name three things that fit a category in only five seconds. Sounds easy, huh? I can tell you from experience that it certainly is NOT (but it is so fun that you'll want to play over and over again).
26. Or a game of Jenga — the classic game of concentration...and a little bit of luck. You and your family will have so much fun trying to strategically remove the blocks to prevent the tower from falling over — all the losers will consistently demand a rematch!
27. This 272-page book all about square foot gardening — you'll certainly want to take your time and go page by page to learn more about how you can start a gorgeous garden even if you don't have the space or the energy to maintain a yard full of plants.
28. An inflatable pool because it'll have you chilling out in the water pretending you're on a Hamptons vacation all day long.
29. This Disney Dreams Collection Coloring Book with 63 pages full of enchanting scenes that are just waiting for you to breathe some life into them. It'll take you quite some time to get through every single page.
30. Or a Paint by Sticker Masterpieces book, which is kind of like a coloring book except you fill in the lines of famous pieces of art with STICKERS! The Mona Lisa wasn't painted in a day, so she certainly won't be stickered-in in just a few minutes. Plus, it might honestly be harder than using crayons since you'll have to try to arrange the stickers perfectly to fit.
31. And a DIY guide that'll give you step-by-step instructions for creating stunning floral bouquets completely out of paper. Once you make your first bouquet, you'll want to build 'em bigger and bolder.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.