15 Sunscreens Reviewers Say Are Actually Non-Greasy And Don't Leave Any Residue
Be sun-ready without that heavy, greasy feeling.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A tube of Supergoop! Everyday SPF 50 Sunscreen because it'll keep your skin looking fresh and hydrated without leaving that thick, gunky white cast. It's formulated with natural sunflower, citrus, and basil extracts and — speaking from experience — all you need is a little dollop and you're good to go!
2. This bottle of Cosrx Aloe Soothing Sun Cream so you can avoid that dried-out feeling you sometimes get with ridiculously thick sunscreens. Plus, this soothes irritated skin (I see you, aloe!).
3. A bottle of Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Lotion Sunscreen that'll go on like ~butter~ thanks to the shea butter, vitamin E, and mango fruit extract. Reviewers say it actually has a pretty shimmer to it that makes you look a bit *luminous*.
4. This tube of Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence because it's lightweight and absorbs quickly without leaving a weird, tacky feeling on your face.
5. A bottle of EltaMD UV Clear Facial Sunscreen Broad-Spectrum SPF 46 perfect if you have sensitive skin that's also prone to hyperpigmentation and acne. The oil-free formula honestly would've done my zit-speckled high school skin some good when I was slathering on products that turned me greasy in mere hours.
6. This bottle of MAKE P:REM UV Defense Me Blue Ray Sun Gel that'll practically disappear into your skin without leaving any signs of residue. So if you're rushing out the house, you won't have to worry about taking extra time to work the product in to avoid leaving behind any white streaks.
7. And this tube of Black Girl Sunscreen with SPF 30 because its natural formula dries completely clear, which means you can say goodbye to that annoying white cast. Plus, it's made with soothing jojoba and avocado so you better believe you'll be packing your skin with moisturizing nutrients.
8. A tube of MDSolarSciences Mineral Beauty Balm SPF 50, which actually has a slight tint to reduce the appearance of discoloration and give you an even-toned face while it protects you from the sun's harmful rays.
9. This bottle of Etude House Sunprise Mild Airy Finish Sun Milk SPF 50+ if you usually struggle with an oily T-zone and your current greasy sunscreen is just packing on the shine. This lightweight formula gives you a matte finish.
10. A tube of Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunscreen to leave your skin feeling like you're wearing nothing at all (it's seriously that non-greasy and quick-absorbing). My grandma is a super fan, BTW and she loves that it doesn't leave an icky white cast on her skin.
11. And a tube of Sun Bum Original Moisturizing Sunscreen Lotion and for transfer-proof protection while you're outside working around your yard all day. It contains loads of vitamin E to moisturize your skin, and it's water-resistant for up to 80 minutes.
12. This Coola Mineral Face SPF 30 Sunscreen Matte Tint with a delightfully whipped, mousse-like formula that *fully* rubs in and leaves a non-greasy, matte finish. In other words, you won't have to worry about a slick feeling on your face if you decide to apply makeup on top of this.
13. A tube of Cosrx Shield Fit Snail Essence Sun Cream SPF 50+ formulated with snail mucin to soothe and alleviate redness while the sunscreen protects your face. Just like the name suggests, the texture is similar to that of a lightweight essence, so you won't have to feel like your face is being weighed down by a goopy formula.
14. This container of Jane Iredale Powder-Me SPF Dry Sunscreen SPF 30 that's actually an easy, breezy powder formula that'll leave you with a matte look and loads of sun protection. You can also easily reapply it on top of makeup!!
15. A tube of A'Pieu Pure Block Natural Sun Cream SPF 45 because it'll practically melt into your skin and provide a hydrating base for makeup (all while protecting your skin from the sun's harmful rays, of course). Plus, the citrus-y scent literally smells like summer.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.