28 Fun Products To Help Distract Your Brain For A Bit
Take a break from social media to indulge in a little treat for your mind.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. A chocolate truffle making kit you'll want to indulge your senses in and make enough of the decadent dessert to last you almost all week (or two days if you're a chocolate lover like me). With the delicious smell of cocoa and the patience of hand-rolling your own batch, it's basically therapeutic.
2. This brownie pan that might remind you of a game of PAC-MAN. You can bake more than one type of brownie for double the fun, and the pan is designed to add chewiness to all those edges.
3. A pair of grassy flip-flops to momentarily transport you to a picnic in the park. It's also perfect if you just don't have any green in your backyard but love the relaxing feeling of walking in grass.
4. This game of prosecco pong you can set up right at home for a Friday night of fun with your roommates.
5. Or this giant Jenga set that'll take regular Jenga to a whole other level and immediately get your mind working on a bigger, better strategy.
6. A dog selfie attachment so you can take a quick break to pose with your pup and focus on growing their following on Insta.
7. This copy of Dangerous Games To Play In The Dark, a frighteningly informational book that'll teach you about the spooky rules, alleged results, and history of some of the most bone-chilling games of lore we humans have dared to play. It's such a page-turner that you may even finish it in one sitting.
8. A super cool puzzle with front-page stories from The New York Times to unleash your curiosity and motivate you to focus on getting the puzzle done so you can see what was going on in the paper on the day of your choosing.
9. Paper to Petal, a DIY guide that'll relax your mind and occupy your hands with you step-by-step instructions on how to make stunning floral bouquets out of paper.
10. A cookie shot kit that'll prep your brain (and your tastebuds) for a sweet, sweet trip to heaven.
11. This twisting block set sure to save the day when your mind just can't take another minute of reviewing lecture notes or scrolling through social media.
12. A set of cute, lil' squishy toys you can keep on hand to occupy your mind from anything that has you in a bit of a ~squeeze~.
13. This book with spaces and prompts to draw 642 different things so you can give yourself even a tiny, five-minute break to up your drawing skills.
14. A jar of cake-scented slime so you can occupy fidgety hands while thinking over big decisions. Just one look will immediately fill your mind with happiness.
16. These affirmation cards so you can remember who the heck you are and put yourself in a goal-crushing mindset — even when it feels like you've got the weight of the world on your shoulders.
17. This lighthearted activity book full of interesting reads and exercises that'll help you take your mind off any rough patches you're anticipating.
18. A screaming goat figurine that has the rare power to immediately make your worries go away and induce endless amounts of giggles with the press of a button.
19. A Kodak Instant Digital Camera because you can connect it to your phone via Bluetooth and spend literal hours just scrolling through to pick your favorite memories to print out.
20. This giant colorable map that you can actually use as a tablecloth once you and your family members are done unleashing your creativity and creating a beautiful, colorful world.
21. This cat phone clip you'll inevitably spend hours using to coax your cat into hilarious poses while you snap photos of your too-funny fur baby.
22. A Magic Eight Ball that'll probably distract you and your roommates from cooking dinner, doing the dishes, and other mundane tasks around your apartment as you all fall victim to the ~mystifying~ predictive knowledge of this nostalgic toy.
23. Or these gorgeous illustrated tarot cards perfect for animal lovers who want to try their hand at card reading. You won't be able to stop at just one test run — soon, you'll have your whole family lining up at your bedroom door for some clarity.
24. A fun-looking photo album that'll keep you occupied for hours upon hours when you sort through old family photos to display in this convenient little book. Enjoy a trip down memory lane!
25. This informative astrology-inspired book because it's bound to hook you in with some revealing facts about yourself and make you stick around to learn some additional deets about your loved ones as well.
26. A magnetic zen garden that'll help you relieve a little stress and become the (magnetic) force of nature you know you are. Keep it by your desk or on your coffee table so you can take a little break from working or watching TV to tend to any inner chaos.
27. And finally, a pimple-popping pad for anyone who feels most at ease when watching those grossly satisfying pimple-squeezing videos online.
28. This Disney coloring book that'll calm you down and make the hours go by so quickly that you'll think time flew by magic.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.