20 Affordable Ways To Turn Your Home Into A Space Built For Relaxation
Hint: bring a bit of nature into your space.
We hope you love the products we recommend! All of them were independently selected by our editors. Just so you know, BuzzFeed may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page if you decide to shop from them. Oh, and FYI — prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication.
1. Spruce up your plain pillows with these brightly colored pillow covers so you can comfortably crash into your couch for quick naps. Plus, having a splash of color in an otherwise bland or monochrome room can give your mood a bit of a boost.
2. Throw down a plush, textured rug for a warming sensation every time you walk across it. This faux sheepskin rug'll give you a warm and fuzzy feeling from your toes to your nose.
3. Literally surround yourself in relaxing vibes by decorating your home with a peel-and-stick wallpaper that comforts you.
4. Create a space that smells soothing with an aromatherapy spray mixed with a blend of lavender and chamomile essential oils. Spritz it on your pillows, on your couch, or just into the air so you can slowly feel the calm.
5. Roll out a yoga mat to give yourself a space where you can take a break to stretch or try a few yoga poses when you're feeling stressed. This mat has alignment lines to help you with your stretches.
6. Give your room a welcoming glow with this Himalayan salt lamp — it'll practically beg you to relax.
7. Mimic the soothing sounds of trickling water using a tabletop fountain. When you check your inbox and a tide of annoying emails wash over you, one look at this fountain will just remind you to breathe. Plus, it's compact enough to fit on a small table or desk.
8. Create some cozy lighting with a set of tealight candles. They'll do the trick for getting you into a comfy, calm mindset whether you're just relaxing or going through any other self-care routine you have.
9. Or allow the soothing smell of lavender to lull your mind into a state of peace with this scented candle.
11. Release a calm, relaxing aroma throughout your living room using an essential oil diffuser. It's my personal favorite method for creating an environment that'll help me clear my mind enough to let me focus on any tasks at hand.
12. Keep your desk clutter-free with desk shelves. Random books and magazines strewn all about can create a chaotic desk, which can make your mind feel a little chaotic as well. Give yourself all the clear space you may need.
13. And don't forget about managing stray pens and pencils — this elephant desk organizer will do the trick. Plus, wouldn't it be nice to be able to quickly grab a pen when you need one instead of turning your table upside down looking for one?
14. Kick back in a cushioned foldable recliner so you can go from sitting upright to leaning back and still feel like you're floating in comfort. It's perfect for sitting in while you read, play games, watch TV, or just nap.
15. Control clutter with these fabric storage bins. A clear space can help encourage a clear mind. Plus, you'll leave yourself with more space for the items that bring you joy.
16. Turn your couch into your own personal snuggle space with a super soft throw blanket. And if you keep it draped over your couch, it works as a cute accent piece.
17. Create a super cozy vibe by hanging up some string lights in any space. The dim lighting will get you ready to retire under the covers and tune into your favorite Netflix show for the remainder of the evening.
18. Station a nighttime table right by your bed where you can place your favorite products to relax your mind into a slumber. Gratitude journal, a salt lamp, a sleep mask — the possibilities are endless!
19. Put your happy memories front and center with a gallery style photo frame set. This way, you'll feel a rush of positivity every time you look at 'em.
20. Play some soothing tunes in the background with a mini Bluetooth speaker. After all, it's hard to be in a bad mood when your favorite songs are playing in the background.
21. And, bring more of those calming, cozy elements of nature into your home with a pair of reclaimed wood coffee tables.
Reviews have been edited for length and/or clarity.